Moving into Vietnam

Hi guys,
I've been thinking about moving into Vietnam, got a job offer in HCM city and my employer will pay for accommodation, insurance as a part of the employee benefit package, would be appreciate if you guys can give me some suggests about some good real estate, medical insurance providers in Vietnam?
Thank a lot.

It depends on how much u would pay for your accomodation, do u want a private house, or just a flat is fine, and consider where exactly u will work in HCMC, it s important also, Sai Gon is crowded city, u wouldnt wanna travel around the city to work, and u wanna be quite or not, there re many places where u can stay n enjoy, just tell me more then i can give u my opinion. Stay cool,^^.

Provide full details, exact location, type of accommodation, your budget etc. So members can help you.

thank guys, I may get a budget of about $20k including my son school fee, working in D1 but wanna find a 2 story house in Thao Dien D2.

$20K one time?  Per year?  Per month?

If u want ppl help u, give the full details, i dont even understand what 20k means, and per month, year,etc.

One of the best medical insurance for world wide benefits: Swissglobalinsurance com! never problem with  reimbursement -  direct billing worldwide in case of hospitalization!

neverquit wrote:

If u want ppl help u, give the full details, i dont even understand what 20k means, and per month, year,etc.

Obviously $20K means USD$20,000. Since someone earning 20,000 anything (except Dong) a month is unlikely to ask hereabouts, likely the 20,000 refers to annual income.

Jonathan Junior wrote:

I may get a budget of about $20k including my son school fee, working in D1 but wanna find a 2 story house in Thao Dien D2.

Love that word 'may' - suggests all sorts of potential horrors. And what's with Thao Dien - the way high prices? Rotten infrastructure and Dien Bien Phu (1A) about to be expanded by yet more (2-4) lanes of traffic which you have to cross.

Assume a 2-storey house will set you back USD$1,500-2,500 per month whilst a 3-bedroom apartment is much closer to the lower end of that range.

Depending upon the age of junior you annual school fees can range up to USD$26,000/annum.

Suggest you get much more info before committing yourself.

And Quan 1 is about 30 minutes by road from Quan 2 in rush hours, and one terrible intersection in Quan 2. There are other nice areas such as Quan 7. Quan 7 has better transportation links to Quan 1, too.

AustriaKarl suggested a Swiss insurer. Better to start with a VN insurer, making sure you know what coverage they provide. Unless you are travelling during your sojourn on VN, you sure don't need Euro insurers using high priced premiums. What matters is what service you can get in VN with coverage.

[Moderated: No free ad]

Jaitch wrote:
neverquit wrote:

Obviously $20K means USD$20,000. Since someone earning 20,000 anything (except Dong) a month is unlikely to ask hereabouts, likely the 20,000 refers to annual income.

Jonathan Junior wrote:

I may get a budget of about $20k including my son school fee, working in D1 but wanna find a 2 story house in Thao Dien D2.

Love that word 'may' - suggests all sorts of potential horrors. And what's with Thao Dien - the way high prices? Rotten infrastructure and Dien Bien Phu (1A) about to be expanded by yet more (2-4) lanes of traffic which you have to cross.

Assume a 2-storey house will set you back USD$1,500-2,500 per month whilst a 3-bedroom apartment is much closer to the lower end of that range.

Depending upon the age of junior you annual school fees can range up to USD$26,000/annum.

Suggest you get much more info before committing yourself.

And Quan 1 is about 30 minutes by road from Quan 2 in rush hours, and one terrible intersection in Quan 2. There are other nice areas such as Quan 7. Quan 7 has better transportation links to Quan 1, too.

AustriaKarl suggested a Swiss insurer. Better to start with a VN insurer, making sure you know what coverage they provide. Unless you are travelling during your sojourn on VN, you sure don't need Euro insurers using high priced premiums. What matters is what service you can get in VN with coverage.

I just checked a nice 4 Storey house 5 minute from Phu my Hung center for 1000USD. If you dont need the D1 Center you can rent nice home / flat for less then 1000 US$?