Crime in Sihanoukville

Cheers James, good decision.

Joe

I stayed in Sihanoukville for 6 months with a mate a number of years ago. We had a security guard overnight. On one occasion there was a robbery behind our villa and culprit decided to enter our property on his way out of the area. The guard was asleep at the time but was quickly aroused and peppered the fence with AK-47 fire. There was some DNA left on the fence but no sign of the robber.

I don't know JoeKhmer but I would take his advice, based on what I have read from him on various threads (he is 'Mr Cambodia' to me). Old postings can be dangerous in both ways: an area that was bad is now good but old postings keep us away or a once safe area has turned dangerous but we follow old postings. I prefer to read what people have said in the previous few months and would take JoeKhmer's word above anyone else.

kernow2017 wrote:

I don't know JoeKhmer but I would take his advice, based on what I have read from him on various threads (he is 'Mr Cambodia' to me). Old postings can be dangerous in both ways: an area that was bad is now good but old postings keep us away or a once safe area has turned dangerous but we follow old postings. I prefer to read what people have said in the previous few months and would take JoeKhmer's word above anyone else.

Thank you kermow2017, it is true that old posts should be seen as what they are: OLD posts. So they probably do not represent the actual situation. Hence the importance of recent posts with up-to--date info. If someone wants hotel prices, he does not want the 5 year ago prices, but the prices right now. So if a post is about criminality it should be answered with up--to-date info, not old stories.

Cheers

Joe