How much is it for a retirement visa their in the philippines ?

i thinking to  live only their for 6 months a year and  which is best to pay visa fees all the time or go for a retirement visa?is their ant other info im missing?

hi ,not sure about retirement visa but if you go as tourist ,might be best to get 59 day visa in advance before arrival   -as its somewhat cheaper in home country if live near embassy   ,here are the fees related to tourist visa   http://www.bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/visas.htm    so for 6 months approx 12-13000 peso,where is the there you are referring to ?   manila or another island /city?.

steveslade wrote:

i thinking to  live only their for 6 months a year and  which is best to pay visa fees all the time or go for a retirement visa?is their ant other info im missing?

You can go for a 13A visa or an SRRV. The SRRV requires a deposit made to a Philippines bank depending on your age.
Here is a list from the PRA (Philippines retirement authority and a link to their site and an address.

Dear Sir,

We have provided below the list of documentary requirements needed for SRRV or Special Resident Retirees Visa application.

Documentary requirements:
1.1.  PRA application form;
2.2.  Original passport with valid entry status;
3.3.  Medical Examination Clearance -can be secured abroad (with English translation) duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consular Office. If the applicant is in the Philippines, this can also be secured at the PRA One-Stop Shop
4.4.  Bank Certificate of Dollar Time Deposit inwardly remitted to any PRA accredited banks;
5.5.  Police Clearance issued abroad translated into English and duly authenticated by the Philippine/Consulate or National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance issued in the Philippines. This also applies to spouse and dependents 18 years of age and above;
6.6.  Photographs, 12 pieces 2x2;
7.7.  If the spouse is also applying for SRRV, Marriage Certificate or Marriage Contract translated into English (if necessary) and duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate nearest the applicants residence if the marriage was contracted abroad. If the marriage was solemnized in the Philippines, original Marriage Certificate; and
8.8.  If dependent/s is/are also applying for the SRRV, original Birth Certificate/s of dependent/s born in the Philippines or Birth Certificate/s or Household Register translated into English (if necessary) and duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate nearest the applicants residence abroad.

We advise you to coordinate with the Philippine Retirement Authority for more information as they are the office that handles the application for the said visa.  Provided below is its address and contact number:

Philippine Retirement Authority
29/F Citibank Tower, 8741 Paseo de Roxas, Makati City 1227
Tel. No.: (632) 848-1412 to 16
Direct Line: (632) 848-7104
E-mail: inquiry @pra.gov.ph

Good luck,

Jim
Silang

really not sure yet but ty for the  respones  good to ha people around to help regards Stephen

Hello Stevesalde,

You have an excellent question.  The answer would depend on the term of stay you are seeking.

1.  If you are only going to stay for 6 months a year, then I would look at the Bureau of Immigration for the Philippines website and review the Non-Immigrant Visa section for information on your visa.  http://immigration.gov.ph/           
There is a 6 month visa available depending on your circumstances.   It would probably cost you around $300.00 USD for a 6 month stay.  Permanent residency visas are dependent on your status with the Philippines.  Most require marriage to a Philippine National to secure the visa.  It has been three years since I got my residency visa and there have been many changes to the visa requirements at the end of 2013 and beginning of 2014.  Their website will have the latest information on types visas and requirements.

2.  A retirement visa is a whole new process that is administered by the Philippine Retirement Authority.  You can find information on their programs and requirements on their website also.  http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1
Most retirement visas here require a large deposit in a Philippine Bank that you can not access, except as prescribed by the PRA.  Depending on your age and status the deposit can be upwards of $50,000.00 USD, plus any immigration fees for the required visa.  The other Expat that replied to you on your question has listed some of the requirements and websites that you can reference for more information.

I hope this helps you in your decision when coming here.  RAC

thanks i will have to do more research what a  beatifule country. tu for the help sir

If you opt to get the retirement visa and place your money in one of the listed Philippine banks, you in effect are opening a foreign bank account, and you have to keep in mind that there are new American laws governing foreign bank accounts opened by American citizens.  You have to file a special form with the IRS each year, and the filing date is not the same as the filing for your yearly income tax papers.  If you fail to report that you have a foreign bank account, you are liable to very stiff fines, I believe it is up to 50% of the value of your account for each year you do not file.  Big brother in the US is getting worse and worse.

hello!!! i advice that if youre planning to stay here for good better get a SRRV special resident retirees visa since this type of visa allow you to get in and out of the county without any hassle and you can stay with no limitation. but if youre only planning to visit then better to get tourist visa and theres no problem if you want yo extend your stay because you can always apply for extension ;) hope this helps

but i bet you will love our country just like any other foreigner. and the rate of SRRV is $2000. my husband used to have this type of visa before ;)

Thanks for the information in your reply.  In noting that  retirees seeking to live abroad constitute a market in excess of one to two billion dollars, the Philippines charged ts retirement authority to compete for a sizable slice of this market. Unfortunately, I have to say that I have been very disappointed in their efforts to do so.  Over the past several years it has shown virtually no imagination or business savvy in its attempts to meet its goal.  The Philippines, although it has lots to offer, lags far behind Malaysia in the competition.  For some time now  Malaysia has allowed free-hold title (ownership of home and land), offered much more affordable visa fees, and an easier process to obtain a visa (10-year-visa, come  and go as you please).  There are many things the Authority can do but just does not do it.  They really are not serious about the competition for this market.  If the government is concerned about carpetbaggers, it could make many terms to assure it does not happen.  The amount of land owned could be limited to 1/2 hectar or 1 hectar.  The government could assure that commercial speculation is limited, etc. etc.  There are ways to make the Philippines more competitive.  Either they just are not serious about the market, or they just don't have the business savvy to make it happen so that all parties are satisfied.

The financial criteria and membership fees for SRRV is for SUCKERS only or some who have money to burn and could give a hoot if they were to lose a portion thereof...

Yes, they are steep if you are not buying property but if you purchase a condo, that money can be applied to the purchase, or you can just outright bye the condo and the minimum is retained as part of your "hard asset".  I would never park money in a Philippine bank.  Overall, I think the best strategy is to just rent, even if you have a decent amount of money.  The reality of these financial criteria, which, by the way, is similar throughout Asia, is to discourage people with little money or income from attempting to settle in these countries.  The Asian governments feel they have enough poor people, why should they encourage more to come?  That is how they think.  They want people who are going to spend money.  Those who are looking for paradise on the cheap usually can't afford it anyway.  To live a decent life in Asia (in general) you need about 2000 USD a month. You could do less, but I feel that would not be such a great life-style, although some people would be happy living on 1000 a month, not owning a home and having to rent.  That is stretching it a bit, I believe.  If something happens and you need money, you would be in a big pinch.   I choose to go back and forth because my overhead for a decent life-style is less  than it would be if I chose to stay in Asia; and  live the same life-style, I would have to pay more than I do here in the States (believe it or not)in order to live the same life-style.  For me, the best life-style is a nomadic one.  Be loose, be free and move when the winds change!

Once you see the requirements and the money you are required to deposit along with all the other red tape the Filipinos are famous for, You will opt for just staying on your tourist visa.

yes in Canada some places are less to live in then the philippines

yes i was their 18 days in Davao and had no problems or red tape

that will of course depend on where you wanted to live in Philippines...
rent in Vancouver or Toronto is MUCH higher than in Tarlac, Davao or Dumaguete, probably more on a par with Makati and other higher end metro areas...
everything is relative...

BEST RETIREMENT VALUE IS CAMBODIA ... 285 USa year us  no problems the easiest country i ever lived in ..... however i am in Phil , met good FILIPINA ! So like Cambodia better , not that phil,is not good , but I lived in Phnom Penh for a year , apt 300us plus 50 us membership  at a nice large hotel and had tennis , saunas.  Gym , and pool etc ! Live close to many inexpensive nice restaurants !! Going back 4 5 weeks in nov Soon. To revitalize ! Lol

I been here for 5 years.. no retirement visa.. no Philippine  bank account.  just renew your visa every 2 months or every 6 months..renting is cheap enough, no need to buy a home..  makes life here easier and hassle free

Hi there,
iI m from Australia. Just curious how much bank balance myself or my wife need to show for 13a visa to Philippines. I understand that this visa grants you probationary stay for first year in the country before applying for permanent unlimited stay. but is it ok to come back to australia for 3-4 months to work and return to Phil again? what i mean is what if i get 13a visa and enter phil and then stay there for 3 -4 months and come back to australia for 3 months to work and go back again for 3-4 months. will i be still eligible for permanent visa after one year of probationary visa? or if someone has similar experience pls any info will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Yes to stay in Philippines 6 month Visa is OK after 2 months here its OK .. But I got a 12 month Visa in Cambodia for only $160 US  an a great place to live Phnom Phen  and especially Sianoukville on the beautiful Beach there , much cheaper to live than Philippines and less wasted Visa money

9434yzxq wrote:

yes in Canada some places are less to live in then the philippines

Its possible to live cheaper in New York City than in Canada, if you want to sleep on the sidewalk....
most places in Philippines are very cheap compared to ANYWHERE in Canada, just not certain cities in Philippines which compare relatively to Toronto or Los Angeles.... let's compare apples to apples and not be seen to be shallow and ignorant!

Its more costly to get residency in Malaysia than in Philippines.

Malaysia:
Applicants under 50 years old:

Must have proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM 500,000 and an offshore income of RM 10,000 per month
Must open a fixed deposit account of RM 300,000 (circa 77K USD). Half of this can be withdrawn after a period of one year for approved expenses such as buying a home, education, and medical care in Malaysia. Applicants who buy a property worth at least one million ringgit may qualify for a lower fixed deposit of RM 150,000, providing all conditions have been met
Must maintain a minimum bank balance of RM 150,000 during their stay in Malaysia under the MM2H programme

Philippines:

SRRV Classic:

35 -49 years old: 50,000 US$ Deposit
over 50 years old without pension: 20,000 US$ Deposit
over 50 years old with pension: 10,000 US$ Deposit. The pension must be at least 800 US$ for a single or 1000 US$ for married couples.
The deposit for SRRV Classic is convertible into an investment of at least 50,000 US$

SRRV Smile

35 Years and older: 20,000 US$ Deposit
Deposit is not convertible into an investment and must be locked in the bank
The Deposit may be withdrawn when the SRRV Visa is canceled.

best is cambodia if we talking about visa ....philippines is next ....thailand in these days are not place to go ......but we everyone have our own experience and opinion

Why is Thailand not good? What residency options do Cambodia have?
A permanent visa is what I would want.