My vietnamese GF is pregnant - how much it costs for pregnancy in HCMC

Hi , I,m from Malaysia and my Vietnamese GF called me this morning that she is pregnant ! After she has a pregnancy test and yes she is ... I was so happy because we will have a baby soon . But i need some advise from expats . How much does it cost for pregnancy in HCMC ?

To give birth in HCMC which hospitals and clinics would you recommend ?

Hi. Congratulation! I suggest Hung Vuong hospital. The fee is around 400-800$.

Girlfriend? Perhaps think about getting married. Hope you are both in a position to be responsible parents.

International hospital always is best . You can try to call FV hospital.  Happy to you, happy wedding will happen soon?

Dont get married just because someone on here says so, do what you want, not what others think

Yes, do not get married because somebody tells to get married, no matter if its your girlfriend, her parents, your friends, etc. Getting married is a big decision and is basically a contract / legal document. If you later chose to get a divorce, you then have to go the government once again (like you did to get your marriage certificate) to get your contract dissolved/nullified/made void. Maybe check out the laws of the country where you will be 'legally' married should you and her choose the marriage route. Having children / a child has a way of USUALLY making you get your priorities in order.

But make that child of yours and hers, number one.

MarcusKS wrote:

How much does it cost for pregnancy in HCMC ?

:)  Actually there is no charge for pregnancy in HCMC or anywhere!
Anyway congrats!
If you want a cheapest hospital then check the Tu Du Hospital in 284 Cống Quỳnh, Q1.

Or
http://khuktc7a.vn/dich-vu/dich-vu-tron-goi
Charges are from 7200.000 - 20500.000 VND depends on type of delivery.
Or
Hung Vuong Hospital 128 Hồng Bàng, Phường 12, Quận 5, as suggested by Dejavu.dot em oi  :)
The charges are from 4500.000 - 15500.000 VND

rubytran7691 wrote:

International hospital always is best.

That's a misunderstanding dear  :)
Of course they give 5 star facility. For that you should pay 5 times more than government hospital.
Hospitals are not for luxury but save life!

Tu Du hospital now is always the number one! Believe me. :-)

Haha . sorry . because I thought he wants to do best for his baby . service always is most important with me.that why I gave him that idea. Anyway, upto him decide.

Thank you and thank you for advise . i am just too happy and don't know what should i say now . Thank you all again .

International Hospital doctors are from Tu Du. They dont have enough equipment as Tu Du as well. Maybe the good thing is about the clean space but Hung Vuong hos is the same.  By the way, How many weeks is the fetus? Pls buy health insurance instantly for it to pay for your hospital fee. The insurance can be around $150 only.

Ps: Thanks for fixing the price of Hug Vuong hospital Charm.

Ps: Ask the Insurance company to give you the percentage of  payment. It is usually hidden for customers.

rubytran7691 wrote:

International hospital always is best . You can try to call FV hospital.  Happy to you, happy wedding will happen soon?

Just passing the word along: avoid FV hospital, some expats on another page have had issues with them in the past few months.

Hello Marcus,

congratulation to you!! my name is Huyen from Blue Cross Vietnam. we provide health and travel insurance. our plan has maternity benefit and free new born child. if you are interested in, please contact me via email [email protected] or phone 01685 717 396
cheer!!
Huyen

FV HOSPITAL IS A BAD PLACE - people come out dead. Do a Google search.

They also prefer insurance covered patients OR CASH UP FRONT.

If your GF is VNese, she has certain health benefits at low cost.

CHO REY HOSPITAL is recommended. There are several other VN hospitals who major in child birth such as the one at TON THAT TUNG @ BUI THI XUAN. (Near Pham Ngu Lao)

Get a VN passport BEFORE getting a Malaysian passport. Do it the other way around and they might deny you a VN passport. ALSO think about what your GF is going to put in the FATHER line. This can cause hassles if you ever break up.

Think about getting married, too. Makes it much easier for your GF and the child. It also means you can change your status in VN to PR.

If FV hospital is not good, then what hospital is ??

sghsaigon wrote:

There are many.

FV was found to have many, many UNLICENCED DOCTORS - even the Director - it NEVER accepts emergency patients UNLESS they have an insurance card (on them) or PAY CASH. They do have a list of all the taxi companies who take you to a VN hospital like the notable CHO RAY, which has a Foreigner ward equipped with a cash register.

You have to choose a hospital on the basis of your illness, level/type of service, etc. CHO RAY does transplants, so they must know a thing or two.

If you just heard other people to say FV is bad hospital so you dont know anything.  I was tried many hospital but FV always is best. If its terrible so the problem is just about money. And exactly its not hospital for poor or normally people can come.  Enjoy it before you hear other people tell

Hi all , any health insurance recommend ?

rubytran7691 wrote:

If you just heard other people to say FV is bad hospital so you dont know anything.  I was tried many hospital but FV always is best. If its terrible so the problem is just about money. And exactly its not hospital for poor or normally people can come.  Enjoy it before you hear other people tell

What VN operated hospital has been found with UNLICENCED DOCTORS?

Google searches will reveal numerous complaints from VN and Foreigners.

I know an HSBC-VN supervisor, who has good company health insurance, who turned down FV (suggested by the insurer) and she chose a VN hospital. Her baby is doing well. FV is a general hospital, nothing wonderful, built to make money.

Obviously VN hospitals vary in quality, many are clinics, but the well-known ones are of world-standard for service (not for pay)..

FV has a number of Trolls they use to fight criticism - because they have a big PR problem. Whatever you measure you use, FV scores high in all BAD areas.

What VN hospital refuses help to a road accident victim? FV is next to the Nguyen Van Ling/Nguyen Luong Bang KILLER intersection. FV refuses emergencies - unless you have an insurance card or CASH.

Jaitch wrote:

FV has a number of Trolls they use to fight criticism - because they have a big PR problem.

I wouldn't accuse rubytran7691 of being an FV troll - they'd never pay someone whose astroturfing is clearly a product of Google Translate. Although who knows, maybe they're trying to cut corners by hiring non-native speakers for that now.

sghsaigon wrote:

It depends on your purposes. Each hospitals specilize in different fields. Sometimes i visit doctors's clinics and wait a bit and sometimes i visit An Khang clinic. There is an international clinic in district Binh Chanh which is held by top doctors of Cho Ray. If you are recommended to visit it, try to deny.

Pls ask your gf if she has Vietnam national health insurance. It will pay most of the fee for her. I know an insurance. About 300 000-$15 only but it will pay about 6.5m/case but the fetus must be under 2 weeks.

You can have many options as pp introduce for you. There can be many kinds but an important thing you have to pay attention is if that insurance pays Independently or not. It means many kinds of Insurance Co. will not pay if you have from 2 insurance contracts. Check carefully the conditions, right and especially small letters in the contract. Sometimes sales dont know all the things they are selling.

First off, congratulations. I assume she is giving birth here. If she has a normal pregnancy thus far, then it's perfectly fine to give birth here.

Hanh Phuc is the most recommended for giving birth. It is a Singaporean standard International Woman's Hospital on the HCMC-Binh Duong border. They have a clinic in D.1 where your gf can have all her appointments. Both facilities are brand new and the nicest I have seen in this country (as well as FV clinic in D.1, very upscale!)

My normal (aka vaginal) delivery with a VIP Suite came to 27mil VND. If your gf is like a lot of Vietnamese women here and "too posh to push" I assume she'll want a c-section and that will be somewhere around 50mil VND (I've heard of women saying this amount or more.)

I have also heard bad things about FV Hospital but I've had friends say good things as well, so it'll be a gamble. Their clinic is fantastic, though. I have nothing but great things to say about their pediatrics department, where I think Hanh Phuc is highly lacking.

Congratulations mate!
Well, I saw some suggestion and I have an opinion:
- FV is nice hotel - hospital with good service but I think It's not really good for birth. I not mean someone should avoid this place.
- Từ Dũ hospital is good but actually this place often be overload.
- Hạnh Phúc in Bình Dương is nice but a bit far from Saigon.
- My sister and friends birth in Mekong maternity hospital in Phu Nhuan dist (near airport). We appreciate it. They work really professional, enthusiasm, careful... They support you everytime.

But anyway, you should find a good hospital and not too far from your GF place. because she will have some test and check the health during pregnant time and emergency precaution when your baby wanna go out! :-)
And you both should have around 1000$ at birth week. Everything need money  :lol:
But if your GF has insurance (maternity insurance), you could save too much!

LMAO!.. About the only thing left without a specific charge .. Enjoy it while you can.  I'm sure the government will soon figure out a way to tax every attempt made to get pregnant!

In HCMC, Tu Du hospital is good choice for you.

I've been to both Phu San Quoc Te and Tu Du.  Would never go to Tu Du if given the choice. Their doctors at Tu Du are excellent so nothing to worry about. The patient care and service leaves lots to be desired though.

Phu San quoc te has their prices listed on their website. Budget around 20 mil. Don't need to bring toiletry, blankets, food etc as they provide them unlike Tu Du.

I am wording this very carefully for fear of reprisals, but from my sources within the FV Hospital the serious problems theyre having at the moment means I could not honestly recommend them for anything but dental work and even with that, its highly over priced.

Hello,

The cost of hospital depends on vietnamese hospital or international hospital. if your insurance can cover for the both, you can choose the Singapore hospital ( Hanh phuc hospital, you can find it by google), but if your insurance can't cover all of cost, you can choose one of hospital as SI hospital at dist 1 or Tu Du hospital (max : 700$) or Mekong hospital (max: 1000$). The problem of Tu Du hospital has a lot of people and you can't choose the room for your gf when she will deliver baby in future.
For baby, you don't need get marriage because the law of vietnam can accept to make birthday certificate without marriage.

Suggestion your gf read book or internet abt what she should eat within pregancy, it is very important in the first period.
Wish you have nice baby soon

Best regards
MyMy

Cỏngratulations, and well  done for being a man and steping up to the plate. I see alot of girls get themself pregnent, but the man turns out to be a boy, and leaves the girl  and baby all alone to take care of themselfs. I think you love this girl , and i know you will love the baby. So why not get married and make a family. Please remember this, any wanker can make a baby, but it takes a man to be a father. I wish you good luck and happyness.

Im sorry to say this but I did everything right when mine got pregnant ,did the shotgun wedding (ceremony only , no papers signed thank God!). Hoospital visits, medication scans everything , one month after the birth of my son I bought them a condo in district 7 - in cash. I trusted her as the mother of my son and did my utmost best to provide for him and her in the best way - best milk formula, clothes , shoes, toys and always there to love him  and hold him as a father. then she started using him as a bargaining tool for more and more money. Lies are an art practiced by many Vietnamese women to the point of perfection. I think I paid usd 6000 for the hospital where my son was born in HCMC, so obviously she was lying about that as well.

I haven't seen my son for 6 months now. she refuses to let me see him and my life savings which I poured into a property to provide the very basic (in fact luxurious) shelter for him is now gone. Forever.

My advice to you is change your number as you are heading into a world of loss, pain and a total rupture of your future. so many women will use babies as a way to get money out of men. I guess the reason why so many Vietnamese men abandon the women is because of their unreasonable demands- they are so like Chinese women in this respect.

sorry, its just my experience but I know a lot of guys who have been screwed over by Vietnamese, Indonesian and Thai women.

Mekong hospital, it is so good.
My sun was born here.
It just nearly 1000$
You can check here
http://mekonghospital.vn/

Hawkman wrote:

Im sorry to say this but I did everything right when mine got pregnant ,did the shotgun wedding (ceremony only , no papers signed thank God!). Hoospital visits, medication scans everything , one month after the birth of my son I bought them a condo in district 7 - in cash. I trusted her as the mother of my son and did my utmost best to provide for him and her in the best way - best milk formula, clothes , shoes, toys and always there to love him  and hold him as a father. then she started using him as a bargaining tool for more and more money. Lies are an art practiced by many Vietnamese women to the point of perfection. I think I paid usd 6000 for the hospital where my son was born in HCMC, so obviously she was lying about that as well.

I haven't seen my son for 6 months now. she refuses to let me see him and my life savings which I poured into a property to provide the very basic (in fact luxurious) shelter for him is now gone. Forever.

My advice to you is change your number as you are heading into a world of loss, pain and a total rupture of your future. so many women will use babies as a way to get money out of men. I guess the reason why so many Vietnamese men abandon the women is because of their unreasonable demands- they are so like Chinese women in this respect.

sorry, its just my experience but I know a lot of guys who have been screwed over by Vietnamese, Indonesian and Thai women.

Hi.

I am so sorry to hear your story. But your problem is about how to choose a partner. Not that is bc she is Vietnamese, indonesian or thailand. It is too rude when you said about many women are left by their men bc they ask too much. Dont judge a society through some people you knew. I hope you will find a better lady soon.

(ceremony only , no papers signed thank God!) =  That's your misunderstanding. If you married her legally, you have right as father and in that share. If you obtain a divorce decree, then you have the chance for 50% share minimum.
I trusted her as the mother of my son.  = That's a mistake from your part. You didn't trust her as your wife/girlfriend. That she understood from the beginning and try to get maximum from you.
Lies are an art practiced by many Vietnamese women to the point of perfection. =  100% mark
But foreigners also lie  :)
I think I paid usd 6000 for the hospital where my son was born in HCMC. = That also your mistake. Before asking someone why did you give that much if you don't like?
I haven't seen my son for 6 months now. she refuses to let me see him and my life savings which I poured into a property to provide the very basic (in fact luxurious) shelter for him is now gone. Forever.  = We cannot agree with your statement. You already said that you bought for your kid.
To children, to whom their mother point is their father  :)  until they mature to understand the world!
Legally, you are not her husband. If you want to prove your paternity then you have many hurdles like, DNA test, court...
Yours is not the first case. Everyday people cheated everywhere. So just use your brain and see the world. Eyes are not enough in this age  :)

Hawkman wrote:

Im sorry to say this but I did everything right when mine got pregnant ,did the shotgun wedding (ceremony only , no papers signed thank God!). One month after the birth of my son I bought them a condo in district 7 - in cash. I trusted her as the mother of my son. Then she started using him as a bargaining tool for more and more money. Lies are an art practiced by many Vietnamese women to the point of perfection. I think I paid usd 6000 for the hospital where my son was born in HCMC.

did I mention the fact that every single day she accused me of infidelity , contacted people on FB who were female and my friends and warning them off me and stabbed me once or twice?

Hawkman wrote:

did I mention the fact that every single day she accused me of infidelity , contacted people on FB who were female and my friends and warning them off me and stabbed me once or twice?

Charm is right. I didnt want to talk my h when it couldnt change any thing. Too late.
Change setting of your facebook if you dont want to create fb. None if pp who isnt in my friendlist can view my account. Even they cant search to see if i have a fb by my email.

Glad to see Jaitch is back to help bring credibility to this forum again. I don't always agree with everything he says, but at least none of it is total nonsense.

That's implied buddy!
People who want to cheat others for money think they are intelligent. But you just wait some more time.
We can cheat someone for a short time but cannot cheat all people always!
Actually I am against people like you spending money without a re-think. I know many men give money to get 'love'.

Hawkman wrote:

HAWKMAN,
Sorry to hear that you have had a very rough ride indeed. Your babys mum sounds like a compleat bich. Anyone in your situation would feel the same way. But i dont agree with what you said to our friend about changing his number and disapeer. You was unlucky to have a relationship with this bich, but there are many good Vietnamise women out there, loving, kind, and trustworthy. Like all women all over the world theres good and bad, same goes for men. But i dont agree that this guy should run away from his responsabiltys. If you dont want to make a baby put something on the end of it,, its not rocket sience.