Is there any camp or outdoor activity for kids this summer in HCMC?

Hi all, I have two kids - one is 12 and the other is 8. I am looking for some activities for my kids to do while they are out of school this summer holiday.
My husband and I are working parents. We appreciate it very much if you can leave us some advice.
My kids would like to enjoy some activities like camping, swimming or any interesting outdoor activities.

Thank you in advance!!!
Milan

Hi!
Can they speak Vietnamese? Or they'd prefer English?

They can speak Vietnamese but just a  little. But both English and Vietnamese are ok. Do you know anything to recommend us?

where are you located in HCMC? there is a camp (english camp) in D7 organised by walkie talkie vietnam if you're interested. They seem to have plenty of activities scheduled for the kids throughout the summer

Thanks Rom.Em, that's great! My family are living in Thao Dien, District 2.
Also, I would like to know if there is any camp where my children can enjoy the nature as well. They specially love the beach or moutain.
Oh, it can be somewhere not so far from HCMC, I think it's cool if they can go somewhere else for one or several weeks and challenge themselves to grow their confidence and independence.
I want them to both play and learn the lessons for life :)

Really in an urge for it! If you have any clue, please share with us.
Thanks!!!

Thanks Rom.Em, that's great! My family are living in Thao Dien, District 2.
Also, I would like to know if there is any camp where my children can enjoy the nature as well. They specially love the beach or moutain.
Oh, it can be somewhere not so far from HCMC, I think it's cool if they can go somewhere else for one or several weeks and challenge themselves to grow their confidence and independence.
I want them to both play and learn the lessons for life :)

Really in an urge for it! If you have any clue, please share with us.
Thanks!!!

You can check out Hoc Ky Quan Doi of ATY. My son is 8 too, i will register for him. When am back to vn next week, i will check out and share further w you.

Hi. Me too! my 12 and 14 year old will be visiting me in July for two weeks. I also work full time so a juggle to find some things for them while im working. Any cool fun or cultural camps/events/etc suggestions are appreciated. Harlow

Hi. Last year, I sent my kid, 10 year old, to American Camp Paradise in Phan Thiet and he was very excited. This year, he will join the camp @ Session 4. Their staff and equipment from North America and Europe and the Camp Director is from the US. They really emphasize the safety of the camp and it also seems like they would have any activity your kids would be interested in. Check out their website, campparadise.com.vn.

Hi Kelvinlin,

Wow that's interesting. I just googled them out and read through their website and it seems really like what i am looking for. Is it at the beach and also jungle? I am not sure where is Vinh Loc, near Mui Ne?
So your kid will go on session 4 means 1 week right?
Can you share with us more about what your kid experienced last year?
I am sure will call or email them but i would like to know more from a third party to make sure that my kid will really enjoy and be safe :)

@TexasSteave: you also can check out American Paradise Camp. It sounds interesting!
@Tommoon0712: Thank you for your information :)

Hi Hoa & Kelvinlin,

What's an interesting topic! I know several camps and got to know American Paradise Camp last summer and yes, it is definitely a wonderful place for kids to have real fun while speaking English with native speakers. My little niece went there last year and loved it so much as she can play in the beach with surfing, kayaking, paddle  boarding and some sports & arts crafts of her favourite. Some of my friends also have their kids join the camp this year. Let's check it out, campparadise.com.vn/
Hope it helps for you, Hoa!

Hi Kelvin, what session your kid registered, my sister will join session 3 for two weeks this time.

Cheers,

Check the notice board at the supermarket in thao dien

http://www.vietnamsummercamps.com/

what they sent me

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
We are very happy that you've signed up on our website.
So please find below some information about our Summer Camps.

Cảm ơn các anh chị đã ghé thăm trang web của AsiaMotions.
Xin vui lòng tìm hiểu thêm thông tin về Trại hè bên dưới.

MADAGUI SUMMER CAMPS

We organize camps for kids from 8 to 12 and from 13 to 16 years old in Madagui Forest City Resort. 

Our Holiday Camps are a great opportunity to experience new activities, learn new skills and make new friends in a safe environment.

During this camp, we propose a combination of interactive workshops covering various topics and exciting outdoor activities.

This 5-day camp will be a great learning experience for campers:

•Learning new skills
•Spending great time in the outdoors
•Being part of a community
•Gaining independence and self-confidence
•Having fun and returning home with unforgettable memories

FUN OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES

NEW SKILLS

100% ENGLISH SPEAKING

Our prices & dates

Camps dates
8-12 June 2015
15-19 June 2015
22-26 June 2015
29 June - 3 July 2015
6-10 July 2015

Camps rates & Great deals
•     Price: 11,500,000 VND /camper
•     Early Birds* 10,500,000 VND: payment before 15/05/2015
•     10% discount for the 2nd child (sibling) *
•     Register 6 campers at the same time, get 1 registration free ! *
* These promotions cannot be combined.

Hi Redbeard42,

Thank you very much for your information!
I also have just contacted American Paradise Camp and raised a lot of question to them. My first impression was good cos they were very patient to answer a lot of questions from a very demanding customer like me. They seems to have more activities and especially their location is by the beach which they can provide a lot of waterfront activities, lands activities and arts. They said they have 26 counselors coming from US, UK and Europe. The ratio is 1 counsellor : 4 kids. They are flexible for me to choose either 1 or 2 weeks. 1 session has ard 60 - 80 kids. Kids are from all over world. I think it is good for my kids to involve in a diversity cultural environment.
My kids really enjoy the water activities. Hmmm my husband and I are wondering which one we will take.

@ huonglan2007: thank you for your sharing. I put APC in my consideration now. How about camper's safety? Did ur sister feel safe? What makes u send ur sister coming there again?

and another

Camp Asia

but I can only find this reference to them

http://www.vietnamworks.com/summer-camp … 552101-jd/

And Yet another
www.talai-adventure.vn

but brochure for kids camps was from last year

Thanks a lot friends!
My children loves the ocean so in the end we choose APC. They choose first week of July. They are really looking forward to it :)

Hello!

My name is Rachael Reichenbach, Program Director of American Paradise Camp (APC) – the first international residential summer camp in Vietnam. APC is for children ages 8-16 who come to our beach paradise near Phan Thiet for a 1 or 2 week session. This is our second year of operations and we are excited to kick off another summer to remember!

Our campers participate in some of the over 30 activities we offer including water activities, sports, high ropes course, and creative and performing arts. Safety is our first priority and we have a highly qualified of native English speakers with previous teaching and summer camp experience who are very dedicated and provide 24-hour care and attention to the children. We also have experienced leadership consultants from Camp California in Croatia, a successful international summer camp in Europe.

I hope you'll visit our website for further information campparadise.com.vn.  Here you can read comments from happy campers and parents, learn what a typical day at camp is like, and read more about our amazing staff & exciting activities.  Also please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected].

All the Best,

Rachael Reichenbach

My friend manages the Ta Lai Longhouse in Cat Tien National Park, Dong Nai province. They have kids activity camps throughout he summer, with transportation from HCMC. Check out this page for more info:
facebook.com/www.talaiadventure.vn?fref=ts
You're welcome :-)