My vietnamese GF is pregnant - how much it costs for pregnancy in HCMC

Thank you so much . Yes i love her very much and of coz my baby too .

I have never known Chinese women to be anywhere near as demanding as vn or Thai ladies. They are now into being frugal. Vn ladies are the worse and trek the most lies.  I would trust a Chinese lady more than Thai  or vn. They don't suck money out of you for families everywhere or look to rip you off every chance they get. They charge sane prices as locals. The food is more tasty than vn food... Hihii.

minhlam wrote:

Mekong hospital, it is so good.
My sun was born here.
It just nearly 1000$
You can check here
http://mekonghospital.vn/

Thanks for the info , I'll discuss with my GF and let her decide which hospital .

rubytran7691 wrote:

If you just heard other people to say FV is bad hospital so you dont know anything.  I was tried many hospital but FV always is best. If its terrible so the problem is just about money. And exactly its not hospital for poor or normally people can come.  Enjoy it before you hear other people tell

There is this dude that I thought was a doctor that works at FV hospital that said the exact same thing. He said rich people go to FV.

He stops by my grandfathers place and many others on his way to work. Gives them needle shots, collects his 420k per person. Turns out he is an y si.

But yeah can't believe I am the only one recommending Phu San Quoc Te also called SI hospital but they specialize in giving births. Any complications they can transfer her to Tu Du which is close by.

witty12 wrote:

I have never known Chinese women to be anywhere near as demanding as vn or Thai ladies.

Perhaps.  However, Vietnamese women are much prettier, and Vietnamese food is healthier than either Chinese or Thai.  In Western terms, you get what you pay for.

DanFromSF wrote:
witty12 wrote:

I have never known Chinese women to be anywhere near as demanding as vn or Thai ladies.

Perhaps.  However, Vietnamese women are much prettier, and Vietnamese food is healthier than either Chinese or Thai.  In Western terms, you get what you pay for.

i agree too much fat in thai or chinese food :s

saigonmonkey wrote:

Glad to see Jaitch is back to help bring credibility to this forum again. I don't always agree with everything he says, but at least none of it is total nonsense.

Hear, hear!  I agree with the Rastafarian chimpanzee, who values credibility as much as he does  marijuana and bananas...

I've missed Jaitch and Wortzlegummer's posts., too. Nothing says credible as much as employing multiple accounts, or aliases, when backing up your own claims,  Millions of criminals couldn't be wrong!

We had our first child at Tu Du and our second at Hanh Phuc (after much debate, she really wanted to go back to Tu Du because Vn women seem to think its the best)
After having our first visit to Hanh Phuc and seeing the rooms and meeting the staff my wife actually cried, she said she could not believe how clean and quiet the place was and how friendly the staff was.

Well this is weird that people talk about Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese woman here.
To Marcus, congratulations to you both! are you Duong's bf ?! If i guess right, trust her because she is a good girl i know.
And my reccommend is Tu Du Hospital.

TinyTran wrote:

Well this is weird that people talk about Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese woman here.

Why?  It's pretty much all we talk about in real life.

my gf is pregnant to and we have been in for tests and it has been cheap as to the prices in the usa. But I am not sure about the prices. I can ask her when she is back from her visit to a city. and I will say it is not quick for test to be finished as they told me it will be 2 to 3 weeks to get the results.

Many Vietnamese people choose special services from Tu Du and Hung Vuong. That includes a private service room with a good doctor and nurses.
Compared to an international hospital like FV, it's cheaper.

International Hospital is the best choice

Jaitch wrote:

FV HOSPITAL IS A BAD PLACE - people come out dead. Do a Google search.

They also prefer insurance covered patients OR CASH UP FRONT.

If your GF is VNese, she has certain health benefits at low cost.

CHO REY HOSPITAL is recommended. There are several other VN hospitals who major in child birth such as the one at TON THAT TUNG @ BUI THI XUAN. (Near Pham Ngu Lao)

Get a VN passport BEFORE getting a Malaysian passport. Do it the other way around and they might deny you a VN passport. ALSO think about what your GF is going to put in the FATHER line. This can cause hassles if you ever break up.

Think about getting married, too. Makes it much easier for your GF and the child. It also means you can change your status in VN to PR.

Just want to say that CHO RAY HOSPITAL is not for pregnancy ever.

Here are my recommendations for the OP
Prefer services?
- Hanh Phuc Hospital (Happiness Hospital) - Binh Duong Province
- An Sinh Hospital (Tran Huy Lieu St.)
- Mekong Hospital (which is origin from Medical University Hospital)

Prefer experienced doctors:
- Tu Du Hospital (Nguyen Thi Minh Khai St.)
- Hung Vuong Hospital (District 5)

The best way:
Tell your GF to ask around for some best pregnancy doctors to visit & take care of her & your child before his/her birth! They are working for 1 hospital & cooperating with others. They will advise you which hospital is best for them or you can choose 1 hospital and pay extra money to get the doctor come their to help your GF when the day comes. Make sure other staffs like midwives or nurses are good also! You can check!
Or tell your GF to contact me if she's from country side and knows nothing about HMC, I think I can help.

Congrats!

Dont worry, she is VNese and She lives in HCM so maybe she know exactly the good hospital

Từ Dũ hospital is my no.1 offer but you should use "service package" for the better service

Beside hospital, regarding your income, you need prepare 20-30 mil Dong to buy sth correctly with mom to be & baby

FV Hospital natural childbirth 28 million VND is a price my Wife who is also a nurse there was quoted.
Midwives are used there.

I got pregnancy in hcm one year ago. And I chosed the doctor in Hanh phuc hospital  and my baby was deliveried by French doctor. his name is Riche. I felt well in this hospital as the services, room, doctors, nurses.... . The cost of hospital was 160.000.000 vnd ( around 7.200usd (4,500usd for me and the meaning of amount for my baby because he was borned in advance 1 month and 2.1kgs). We have international insurance that they charged us with "good price" and insurance paid everything.  The cost without insurance is almost around 3000 usd ( maximum). For checking fee ( pregnancy term) you must pay around 80usd without medicine or test ( cost of test : 150 usd -200usd)

hope you have a good advise and congrats for your fresh baby

MyMy

I am from malaysia too.. i would say the cost is very subjective.. do estimate higher than disappointment. pregnant is not just only the cost for delivery, what bout other costs that involve; direct and indirect.. are you not going to responsible for that? e.g. cost for checkup every month, cost for those medical test, transport (don't tell me that you expect your GF or wife to take motorbike to hospital), clothes, food and so on... and upon delivery also it might cost more, off course if your gf/wife can deliver natural is the best; what if she cant and doctor require for caesar? extra cost might incur off course..

base on my experience, if you were to go through the whole process in government hospital, off course it will be much cheaper, roughly you should reserve an estimation of $1000-$1500 usd (for all the cost as i stated above); and off course if you choose private, do estimate more maybe like $3000-$4000 usd.

thats why people always say, having baby is not easy if you want provide the best for your baby.. family planning is very important; because having baby is happy but do not turn your happiness into a burden and eventually ruin the happiness of your family.

by the way, have you ROM with your GF yet? i am not sure whether it is legal to have baby even before ROM. Good luck and congrats

1 thing I must mention of Hung Vuong is they only have 2 or 3 single bed rooms out of the hundred or so rooms. And if they run out of rooms your only choice is the hallways which can quite humid and hot not to mention lack of privacy.

You can't book rooms in advance. It's a first come first service basis no matter how rich you are they can't be bought. They will have about 30 patient families in a room and will call out names and the first ones they call out gets to choose their room.

I was 2nd name called out. Don't know what the order is but I paid cash no insurance and I hear they get treated better. This I can't confirm though. So I chose single room with air conditioner and own washroom.

Most people were left with 6 and 8 bed rooms and the hallways.

Just something to be aware of. The treatment at the hospital I have nothing to complain about I felt the doctors were excellent.

Tu Du Hospital is classic but you may can visit Hoan My Sai Gon Hospital.