Dabkeh Classes!

Hello Community!

Wondering if anyone knows of where to take Dabkeh Classes in Amman, or maybe someone/few who are good at it so maybe we could organize a gathering once or twice a month for those interested in learning the fine art of NOT stepping on the foot of the person next to you in a Dabkeh!

Oh, I'd be interested in attending/crashing a wedding outside Amman too, been to a couple of weddings in Irbid and Ramtha, Boy can people there dance!! Quite a few were so very gracious to teach me too :)

Thank you so much!

Duke

Hello Duke,

Welcome on board to this site.
And you surely have an original question. I hope that some one can help you with this one.

Have a question for you too: why to attend a wedding outside Amman?
Do you think it would be much different?

Hello Primadonna! Have to say, it's an interesting name you use on here, so does it refer to a leading lady in an opera or a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance? (I got intrigued and when I do, I google things) You seem like a leading lady to me!

Thank you for your warm welcome, I feel at home haha I sure hope the same.

From my little experience in weddings, I sure know that those outside Amman differ significantly. I've seen a groom getting his hands tattooed with Henna and then getting every finger wrapped with a 100-dollar bill! Also the amount and type of "Fireworks" used is impressive. Moreover, Mansaf always tasted better!

So far, few of the staff in a hotel downtown do Dabkeh from time to time, and I intend check them out tonight!

Duke

P.S. Thank you for your effort posting events in Jordan on this forum, I went to a couple of them and would have totally gone to few you've added had I known about this website earlier.

Id loveeee to do dabkiiii. Found enough ppl??

I actually did with my friend and language partner. We met 4 people randomly then headed to this hotel downtown for Dabkeh. We danced a little bit, it was fun, we might do it again. The hotel's name is Amman Pasha hotel if you'd like to check it out. Will let you know if we go there!

RoyalDuke wrote:

Hello Primadonna! Have to say, it's an interesting name you use on here, so does it refer to a leading lady in an opera or a very temperamental person with an inflated view of their own talent or importance? (I got intrigued and when I do, I google things) You seem like a leading lady to me!

Thank you for your warm welcome, I feel at home haha I sure hope the same.

From my little experience in weddings, I sure know that those outside Amman differ significantly. I've seen a groom getting his hands tattooed with Henna and then getting every finger wrapped with a 100-dollar bill! Also the amount and type of "Fireworks" used is impressive. Moreover, Mansaf always tasted better!

So far, few of the staff in a hotel downtown do Dabkeh from time to time, and I intend check them out tonight!

Duke

P.S. Thank you for your effort posting events in Jordan on this forum, I went to a couple of them and would have totally gone to few you've added had I known about this website earlier.

You like me: if I want to know more about something then I search and Google is indeed a great source  :D
I am not a leading lady but like like my nickname. It says something about me. Literary it means first wife and its used often in the opera indeed (and gosh, I hate opera  :sleep ).

And I learned something from you too.
Never heard before that the groom get henna too and certainly not that his fingers are decorated with dollar bills.
But I must say that it was a rich family and most of the time it is different. I attended lots of weddings who are not that wealthy at all and I can say its pretty boring. Two times I was invited were men and women are in the same room. And one of these weddings had a buffet.
Even I had the chance to see a couple of weddings in Bedouin style.
As always it depends about money and how they want to celebrate.

If you, or some else know an event, please share in that specific thread. It will be much appreciated.
I know there are lot more events but can not find always the sources.

@Primadonna Agreed! Congratulations on great play by your country's team in the world cup ;) Hope they'll make it to the final! I cheer for them!

There's a great website for events if you're interested, check this link: http://www.jordansun.com/events

After some serious googling, I've found Dabkeh classes at a reasonable price! For whoever is interested, here's a link:

http://www.alhannouneh.com/ContactHannouneh.aspx