Living in Ecuador, still working in U.S.

Hi! We have a question about residency in Ecuador.  My husband and I are seriously contemplating moving to Ecuador with our young daughter and my mother (she is retired).  I am a stay at home mom and my husband is a merchant marine working as a tow boat captain out of Houston.  He would basically work for 2 to 3 months at a time and then would come home for 2 - 3 months at a time.  What kind of residency would allow him to do this? Would we be best off doing the investment type visa? Since he is the one earning the income, my daughter and I would fall under the dependent type visa and my mother would have the retirement one but we are not sure about my husband as I understand that he would be required to stay in Ecuador for 6 months.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Most of the "normal" visas you read about on websites restrict travel out of Ecuador to 90 days per year for the first 2 years.  This wouldn't work for your husband.  My wife and I have a Corporation visa that allows unlimited travel.  We can recommend an excellent attorney to you if you need one.

I would take the advise of Ed and contact his attorney.. visas in Ecuador are tricky and you need a laywer to help you figure it out!  Jon
savvyroundtheworld.wordpress.com

THANKS EDD AND JON FOR THE INFO - EDD IF YOU SEE THIS I SENT ANOTHER PRIVATE MAIL - NEED THE LAWYER INFO...  THANKS AGAIN!!!