Moving to Beijing this month, need friends!

Hello all, I am from the U.S and am moving to Beijing to teach English. I would very much like to make some friends through this forum so that I have some friendly faces to look forward to meeting when I arrive!

Hi, we are a friendly bunch and hope you will get many welcome messages.

On arrival check out our Tuesday get togethers.

Meanwhile, ask any/all questions you may have

Awesome, I will keep in touch on here and am most interested in meeting fellow expats on the Tuesday get together!

I will be in Beijing by the 25th of this month and won't begin work for another few weeks so I look forward to having free time. I appreciate the chance to meet long time expats in Beijing like yourself, as I imagine I will need a good bit of help adjusting to my new life.

Arrive 25th!

That's just in time to catch the 3rd Beijing Environment and Healthy Lifestyle Fair that I am organising.

It's on Saturday 28 June from 10:00 - 17:00 and there is no entrance fee.

The venue is the Hilton Beijing (Liangma Qiao)

Awesome! That is cool that I will have an opportunity to meet people so soon after my arrival! I hope I am not too jet-lagged still to enjoy it xD.

Hey, that's pretty cool! I'd like to attending your activity arround liangmaqiao too! Could you give me some more details about it?

yolanda([email protected])

Yolanda hi

we have events every Tuesday but not always in the Liangma Qiao area.

We normally use
Suzie Wong (Chaoyang Park West Gate 1) on 1st Tuesday of the month
Hilton Wangfujing on 2nd Tuesday of the month
Hilton Beijing (Liangma Qiao) on 3rd Tuesday of the month
and from August 2014 the 4 Seasons (Liangma Qiao) on 4th Tuesday of the month

Cool, what kind of events are they? and what do we do in the events?

They are weekly get-togethers/meet-ups/networking events that bring together Expat.com members and others.

All welcome.

The format is basically a stand-up cocktail format. ie We stand around with a drink or two and (without any reliance on iAnything) we talk to each other.

There is a sticky thread that I try and keep updated but, because of work commitments, I have not recently updated the thread.

The events though continue on Tuesdays, any Tuesday, every Tuesday

sounds cool!
Is it in evenings? if I'm going there, should I contact you?
Could you please message me your qq or skype id? and the best is wechat...

Yes in the evening normally start at 7:30pm

My WeChat is 13911098002

Hello. My name is Martinelle and I am currently staying in Beijing for a few weeks for a summer job. While I'm here, I hope to see as much of Beijing as I possibly can and make new friends in the process. If you have any free time in the evenings to hang out and show me around, please let me know!

Hi!

My name is Lam, im a chinese from Spain, working here in BJ.
The events you are organizing looks cool!
May i ask you if it will be events on August/september and the topic.
I live around Dongzhimen.

Best regards,

Lam

Lam hi

There are events on Tuesday, any Tuesday, every Tuesday.

Best to add me on WeChat 13911098002

Tuesday August 12 - Hilton Wangfujing
Tuesday August 19 - Hilton Beijing (Liangma Qiao)
Tuesday August 26 - Marriott Beijing Northeast
Tuesday Sept 2 - Suzie Wong
Tuesday Sept 9 - Hilton Wangfujing
Tuesday Sept 16 Hilton Beijing
Sunday 21 Sept  - Expat Fair and Expat Life Awards, Hilton Beijing
Tuesday 23 Sept - Marriott Beijing Northeast.

Hi manlin,

I just arrived in beijing for an internship at jianguo hotel. I would like to join the meeting next week. Should i just be there at hilton wangfujing at 7 30 or do i need to sign up or anything like that?

By the way, is this location near the city or far away?

Hi manlin,

I just arrived in beijing for an internship at jianguo hotel. I would like to join the meeting next week. Should i just be there at hilton wangfujing at 7 30 or do i need to sign up or anything like that?

christinab93 wrote:

Hi manlin,

Welcome to Beijing and I look forward to meeting you on Tuesday.

The Hilton Wangfujing is not too far from the Jianguo Hotel.

In fact this Tuesday we have two events (same location)

Tuesday 9 September 7:00pm  8:00pm  Winni from Michael Page International (An Executive Search company) will be revealing the Michael Page Ten Top Tips for Career and Professional Success.
Entrance is 125 RMB/persom

Tuesday 9 September 7:30pm  10:30pm is the next Future and Career Networking Evening.
Entrance is 125RMB/person

Combined ticket is 175RMB.

Please pm me your real name and your mobile phone number or email address and I will add you to the list.

This is a link to a map showing the location of the Hilton Wangfujing