Looking for decent friends in Beijing!:)

hi there, iam a female beijinger and i work near Jianguomen. Since i graduated from school, i rarely speak english. but i do love this language. so i hope i could find some friends here to pratice english with me. in return, id like to show u my city and the local people's lifestyle:)
looking forward to hearing u.

Hi smile_beijing!

Why don't you propose a language exchange and post it in Beijing classifieds? This may help.;)

Harmonie.:)

Why don't you join some of the events?

Hey Manlin! Which events and when?

Thanks

I organise get-togethers nearly every Tuesday evening.

Last night was a Spring Festival themed evening, no event planned for 24 because of the holiday, next event 31 Jan.

Hey Manlin! Thanks for the reply. Where do you organize these get togethers? Thanks

I'm Chinese, sorry I couldn't offer help for you.

Can i make an indescent proposal to you :lol:

Hello Hello!

My name is Joshua, I will be moving to Beijing near Longze station as of September 1st. I will be working teaching Kindergarten for one year. So I would love to meet new people and learn Mandarin as well. Let me know if you will still be in Beijing around that time. Bye for now, all the best!

Joshua

Hi Joshua ,
Thanks for ur reply, yes iam still in beijing and hope to know u more .do u have QQ or msn?

jorog wrote:

Hello Hello!

My name is Joshua, I will be moving to Beijing near Longze station as of September 1st. I will be working teaching Kindergarten for one year. So I would love to meet new people and learn Mandarin as well. Let me know if you will still be in Beijing around that time. Bye for now, all the best!

Joshua

scary..:unsure

Magyk wrote:

Can i make an indescent proposal to you :lol:

we can still be friends:D

beefsteak wrote:

I'm Chinese, sorry I couldn't offer help for you.

Because we have to pay a lot for this events.. iam poor girl,lol. sorry, but thanks!

Manlin wrote:

i already posted but nobody there and this forum is better, but thanks:)

Harmonie wrote:

Hi smile_beijing!

Why don't you propose a language exchange and post it in Beijing classifieds? This may help.;)

Harmonie.:)

I am close to GuoMao station, but do you mind aussie accent? lol

cheers

jorog wrote:

Hello Hello!

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Hope you are enjoying the last few months before you head out this way!

What are you coming to Beijing to do?

You should pass by Culture Yard once you are here, we do language exchange for Chinese and English students. Do you already speak any Chinese?

Bye for now

Culture Yard Team

Culture Yard - a foreign language school and cultural centre in the heart of Beijing.

smile_beijing wrote:

Because we have to pay a lot for this events.. iam poor girl,lol. sorry, but thanks!

Manlin wrote:

That's why we have an early bird discount system. If you register in advance it is only 90RMB and includes 1st drink, snacks and Happy Hour prices for the rest of the evening.

Hey!

I am in Beijing for the next month and am too looking for people to meet up with for sightseeing and just meeting up with on weekends and weekday nights potentially. Are you busy tomorrow, as we could always meet up then?

My email address is probably the best way to contact me: [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Catherine

Aussie accent is sexy,lol, looking forward to seeing u soon!:)

parra2bj wrote:

I am close to GuoMao station, but do you mind aussie accent? lol

cheers

90RMB including everything sounds good, but when and where:P??~

Manlin wrote:
smile_beijing wrote:

Manlin wrote:

That's why we have an early bird discount system. If you register in advance it is only 90RMB and includes 1st drink, snacks and Happy Hour prices for the rest of the evening.

Hi Catherine,
sorry to reply u late, hope u have a good time in Beijing!

Catherine88 wrote:

Hey!

I am in Beijing for the next month and am too looking for people to meet up with for sightseeing and just meeting up with on weekends and weekday nights potentially. Are you busy tomorrow, as we could always meet up then?

My email address is probably the best way to contact me: [email protected]

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Catherine

Have you been to English Corner in Renmin University? It happens every Friday at 7pm. We can also try voice chat over MSN, if you're interested.

Hi,
Yes, i do met some friends here. They are very nice and i like this forum!!
Except gugong, i suggest u can visit the Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Great Wall, Lama Temple, 798, hutong,etc. hope u enjoy ur time in Beijing:D

timruan1 wrote:

To smile_beijinger: have you met up with anyone on the forum yet? I'd like to join too as I want to experience more of the BJ culture and see more of the city sights. (so far I've only been to gugong(hope i got my pinyin right). I'm ethnically chinese but haven't spent that much time time. Recently, I relocated here for work.

parra2bj: dude, you shld of told me! I work and work in Guomao, totally could have met up on wednesday for origin.

Thanks for ur information, i never try english corner before and it sounds fun:P

SusheeMonster wrote:

Have you been to English Corner in Renmin University? It happens every Friday at 7pm. We can also try voice chat over MSN, if you're interested.

Love to have more details about the hanging out thing. Been in Beijing for 6 months and I have been nowhere except the Forbidden City.

Hey! Are you still in Beijing? I am from Spain but my English is very good (actually in my work I almost only use English rather than Spanish). So if you are still interested, just email me! I would love to go around the city and try true chinese food while we chat in English! :D

How about Saturday night?lol

timruan1 wrote:

sorry to hijack this thread, anyone going out for a drink tonight? I'm bored as hell.

Beijing is a fun place and there are more places waiting for u to discover!

HellRider wrote:

Love to have more details about the hanging out thing. Been in Beijing for 6 months and I have been nowhere except the Forbidden City.

Thank for ur reply, Angela!
i have sent u back by email,thanks!

Angela06 wrote:

Hey! Are you still in Beijing? I am from Spain but my English is very good (actually in my work I almost only use English rather than Spanish). So if you are still interested, just email me! I would love to go around the city and try true chinese food while we chat in English! :D

Hey guys-I'm also moving to Beijing Sept 1st from the States to teach English. Would love to meet up with ppl for a drink or language exchange (I know very little Mandarin, and what I do is quite terrible haha). Soooo drinks, sites, even cafe convo would be cool! Touching down in Beijing in 2 short weeks! :)

@ Devinisme123  I organise regular get-togethers every Tuesday. You are welcome to join us.

Manlin wrote:

@ Devinisme123  I organise regular get-togethers every Tuesday. You are welcome to join us.

Every Tuesday? Thats today. Can I join and may I know where? From Singapore and been in town for 8 months without going out.
Regards.

Angela06 wrote:

I would love to learn Spanish from you. Teach you Chinese in return if you want.

@ HellRider,

Yes of course you can join us tonight.  Tonight (Tuesday 21 August) we are at the Zeta Bar, Hilton Beijing 3rd Ring Road (nearest subway station is Liangma Qiao).

We are currently about 50 people registered for tonight.

Please text me (13911098002) your real name so that I can add you to the guset list and so that you can get the early bird Expat-Blog discount rate (90 instead of 130RMB).

Please feel free to tell your friends and ask them to also text me their names.

FYI - The entrance fee includes a Complimentary Drink, Snacks (not a meal, Lucky Draw, and some great people. Extra drinks avaialbel from the bar at Happy Hour prices (50% discount).

Forgot to add the official start time is 7:30pm but I will be there from about 6:30pm.

Manlin wrote:

Forgot to add the official start time is 7:30pm but I will be there from about 6:30pm.

Will try to join you guys next week. Busy for the past two weeks.
Where to next week?
Cheers and Happy Birthday!

Hey! I'm from California and I would love to to hang out.

Best Regards,

Arilysse

Hi guys next get together is Tuesday 11 Sept 2012 7:30pm Flames Bar, (5th Floor) Hilton Wangfujing.

Hey. I'm from Romania and I would also like to hang out.

You are welcome to join us on Tuesday