Jeddah working

hi i got an offer as assistant professor in jeddah with a salary of 10000sar,is this a good salary and whether  the contract will be renewed automatically?
please guide me to my id [email protected]

1. your salary is based on your passport
2. Is this 10k a package (salary, housing, transportation) or just salary
3. You are placed on a 90 days probation period......evaluated to see if the contract will be renewed
4. Contract is renewed every 2 years or based on your agreement with your sponsor as for your Iqama which is every year for renewal
5. Best bet.....evaluate your personal expense like housing n transportation and see the remaining balance is suitable for your savings

A package of 10k is standard for south Asian assistant profs here.  If you were Arab, saudi, or western, you would get more!

You didnt say whether you are single or family?  Anyway, here are some monthly estimates, use the upper limits of the ranges if coming with family.

Rent: 1200 to 2000 for 1-3 room apartment
Transport: 500 to 1500
Groceries: 1000 to 2000
Utilities: 100 to 200
Phone/Internet: 200 to 500

Total: 3000 to 6000

Savings: 4000 to 7000

Needless to say, it depends a lot on your lifestyle.  For example, as a couple or a small family with 1 child, my total estimate is 6000, but you can make do with 4000.  As a single person, you can make do with 2000.

As for the contract, you should ask the details from your employer, but usually the contract is renewed automatically as long both parties are satisfied.  You will have to give 3 month notice if you want to leave, similarly they will have to give you 3 month notice if they don't want you anymore.  However, if you are found guilty of some serious misconduct, they can boot you out immediately.

Make sure they give you medical insurance for you and family members, plus annual tickets for you and family as well.  Those are standard benefits and as far as I know, written in the law.

And I approve what Mr.Trapezius have mentioned because I used to work as an assistant consultant in the KAUST medical section before.
Thanks a lot and appreciate it.
Dr.Rex