Living in jeddah with SAR 8000 + pay school for kid - good salary?

I am offered a job with SAR 8000 with housing and medical insurance. also bonus(not sure how much) but I have to pay for the kid school.
is this a good salary. can I make it?

If you are alone and single, the salary is not very bad. But if you are with family, sorry that is very bad considering you have to pay everything.

They will pay house of three bedrooms. Medical insurance . Provide me with a car. And air tickets for all family. But I have to pay for international school for three kids.
What you think?

The fees for international schools starts from 18 thousand a year plus at least 2-4 thousands for books and few extra thousands more for the school bus (if needed) . This is for a “normal “international school that will be rated “Average or less” for the good ones or for the ones that usually westerners send their kid to(since I see that you are American), its 30-90 thousand a year depending on which grad they are in.

In your case,Your calculation is X3 !!! :/

So 8000 is not even enough for the kids education never the less for the other expenses.

You're right, that's why i told him, that offer is only for a bachelor/single.

If all school fees (tuition, registration, books, uniforms, and capital fees) are not paid by employer than turn it down. This is actually standard in contracts of most expats.

Dar Jana is 21,000 per year for a 5 year old & it goes up from there. The American school has a registration fee & capital fee of 15,800 and tuition without books or uniform is around 40,000 for grade 1....now times that by 3 and if kids are older costs are a lot more. Jeddah Prep & British School are on par with the American school.

FYI 8,000 Sar is only just over $2000 a month. Most likely you are making more currently in the US

try to negotiate the offer to ATLEAST 10K

Problem is 10K isn't enough either with 3 kids in school. If the company won't pay school fees than he is looking at working all year just to pay tuition and fees to the school and no extra money for food.

abdoumandoudi wrote:

I am offered a job with SAR 8000 with housing and medical insurance. also bonus(not sure how much) but I have to pay for the kid school.

dude, what are your qualifications ?

I had a friend coming in from US, basically this guy is good at what he does and he declined an offer 32000, renego'd and came in at 52K

Sometimes these employers downplay and take advantage, I'm also assuming you are not being employed directly by a company and it's through a contractor?

lol at 52k. from 8k to 52? lets use our brain here :dumbom:

rareshine wrote:

lol at 52k. from 8k to 52? lets use our brain here :dumbom:

well duh! not asking him to go that high...just showing him what's possible out there :D

maybe this is outside teaching(which is the only field i'm familiar with) - no one negotiates a price of 20k extra in a teaching position

rareshine wrote:

maybe this is outside teaching(which is the only field i'm familiar with) - no one negotiates a price of 20k extra in a teaching position

aha, all the best to OP.

Yea, there are positions out there where if the company is desperate then they pay.

Running a school has become a business here, I feel for teachers. all the best to you too... :kiss:

Iam looking job .0559266580 my contact no.please contact

Iam looking job.sarafiyya my room.0559266580my contact no

I have a wife and want to introduce your company. .she also almost 5years experience for wroking in abroad . actually im working here in jeddah and I wanna bring him here..

I wanna searching for jod related to my skill baresta and bilman at waiter in a good offer.here in jeddah only..

To answer your question directly .
THIS IS NOT A GOOD SALARY

dear friend..

i read your message about - living in jeddah with SAR 8000 + pay school for kid - good salary?

basically.. here in saudi ..the salary system is ok and different in nationality wise. If you are an asian, you might get some low salary and according to your profession.

then different rule applies if your nationality is arab. And ofcourse, qualifications related to your job is also considered.

In my opinion sr 8000 is less. but if you dont mind telling us about other benefits.. (like.. basic salary,  housing allowance, food allowance, transportation allowance, medical insurance, leave pay, leave ticket).

If your current emmployer, is providing all the above mentioned benefits + pay school for kid...then i can say.. it is the perfect salary package.. what you are getting now.

i hope its clear to understand.

best regards
rahman

abdoumandoudi wrote:

Well, you did not tell your qualification and position of job. IF you are Asian and wish not too much entertainment then easily you can come Saudi. Life of Saudi Arabia is not costly like Dubai, hare you can get two bedroom flat by SAR 1200 per month, some Indian international school is low price like SAR 350 per month per child only. and at admission time only 1500 SAR. My family expense never goes more than SAR 4000. My one friend with SAR 6000 from India who have two kids studying hare at Saudi Arabia . i think if you can control expense , You can come with this Salary.

My employer will provide house and medical insurance and a car and tickets back and forth for five ppl. The only thing I'm concerned about is school . I have to pay that . And I'm thinking putting them in pakistanesevinrerbatiobal school as it is expensive .

as i know pakistan international school expense is 10000 sar per child per anum .....I am indian staying with family and two kids ,  a little more than your Salary and Alhamdulillah , Expense is SAR 4000 per month expect Admission cost.

Thanks. I'm just thinking its a good start salary . It's the base and there %5 bonus.

Hi.iam sahood .indian

lol at indo-pak schools making money off the labor workers. #explotation

i am.selectef as resident doctor in riyadh saudi
my salry is 7200 sr plus housing
is it enough for single person?
what is cost of 2bhk in riyadh

rareshine wrote:

lol at indo-pak schools making money off the labor workers. #explotation

How are they making money?!?! they are providing quality education and looking after people of their community, unlike the so called "western" schools that wants to gouge company monies just because they are paying for their employees.

I work for a leading company in middle east with 25,000 employees across the country. The VP of finance went to the one of the schools where you "think" is a labour looting schools.

And look at the struggle of a common Saudi. The ones that went to government schools and who are now in good positions. Since you hail from the land of stars u think everyone can afford to send their kids to a private or Montessori schools there??? No they can't.

You yourself are in education field and evaluate the people around you.

Wake up sunshine. #ignoranceisabliss

its good salary bro and house rent is also paid by company its a very handsone salary its my brotherly advise good say yes

Thanks
I just worry about school expenses.
Yes house and car and insurance all paid
Just schools I need to take care if it

Lol I think you may be getting a bit out of breath for no reason, buddy.

If the prices are correct that are posted here they're exploiting a community that does not have that type of money. Indo-pak is mostly blue collar and their salary ranges from 2K-8K... With what money can they afford a 18k+ tuition per Child? And quality? Lol, I have yet to see that prosper here. This is my field of expertise, so while I know what I'm talking about, you need to take a chill pill,  sir

Even if they pay for the education 100%, 8000/month would be just enough to cover for the cost of living for the family of 4.  Don't you want to save some money at the end of the contract?  You don't want to just survive for the contract years..

rareshine wrote:

Lol I think you may be getting a bit out of breath for no reason, buddy.

If the prices are correct that are posted here they're exploiting a community that does not have that type of money. Indo-pak is mostly blue collar and their salary ranges from 2K-8K... With what money can they afford a 18k+ tuition per Child? And quality? Lol, I have yet to see that prosper here. This is my field of expertise, so while I know what I'm talking about, you need to take a chill pill,  sir

lololol

u still don't know what you're talking about, a blue collar employee is smart enough not to keep his family here as he won't be able to save anything. Even if his target is not to save anything, he still sends his kids to school. The indo-pak schools are looked after by their governments, be it subsidized or what not.

I believe u need to go on a "field visit" and see what's out there. Let me know when you wanna go, I can take a day off to show u ignorant people around!

So go back to what you think you know best... :)

Blue collar jobs do not offer family visa assistance. It is also unfair to label people of the subcontinent like that. Sorry, only my opinion.

live.ali wrote:

Blue collar jobs do not offer family visa assistance. It is also unfair to label people of the subcontinent like that. Sorry, only my opinion.

Where there is a will, there is a way!

But I agree with you on the labeling part...sincere apologies if anyone got offended...but I'm just trying to help out

I could not cope with a salary of SAR 25 000 and i am wondering how you will cope.
International British and American school was SAR 60 000 in 2011 and  i had three kids there.
Your SAR8 000 will be good to pay for one child and you will have no money for foot, drinks, outing, etc.
On accommodation, the state of some accommodation there is very bad and your spouse will not be allowed to work there.
This means you cannot not supplement your income.

Anyway, others will have a different view.

25K + what fields are these?

i promise Mo7hammad, I could not follow your train of logic, so i'll leave u to it

what? SAR7200?
Come to South Africa we will give you ZAR70 000, which is your SAR18000, almost three time what they give you.

what? You do not keep your family there? and when nature call, how do you react?

I got a package of 4000 saudi riyal + accomodation +  tarvelling expenses + medical insurance + mobile bills ...
as a Sr Business development executive for jeddah/riyadh....Kindly suggest if its a good package !!!

I will only have to bear my food expenses and my personal expenses !!

I am single, so is it a good start with 3 yrs of exp. in mumbai !!!

Flight tickets , iqama , etc will be taken care of by the comapany !!!