New in Dominica

Hello need info on rents and ok places to live thankyou

It seems some what difficult to get a little info on living in Dominica. All help would be so much appreciated. Thank. You

Hi taoskk,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

To broaden your chances of having some replies from members living in Dominica, a new discussion was created as from your post on the Dominica forum.

For better orientation, can you please give us more details the accommodation you are looking for?

Thank you,

Hasnaa

Taoskk, everywhere is ok to live in Dominica.  The best location depends on where you intend to work, if at all. How close you would like to be the city, beach, river, church etc. The rate for a rental depends on if you need it furnished or unfurnished and how close the rental is to Roseau.  If you can give us an idea of the above, it will be easier to help you.

Dear Kevin, like you we heard about Dominica some time ago and started to investigate. We arrived here five weeks ago and are now doing a full inspection of the place. I've been looking for a piece of heaven for a while and have come to the conclusion it does not really exists. There are always short comings to every place you go. We arrive here after the Canaries, Cyprus, and so many countries in the Far East. Every bodies needs are different and I've found the main key is truly knowing what you want yourself. I like greenery and beautiful terrain. The ability to meet people and reasonable facilities. Taxation is very much an issue and the cost of living. House prices and land, safety and security. We have a long list and have found no place meets all the criteria. Dominica meets a lot but the facilities are merge and meeting people we can see will be a difficult issue. Roseau has a bit of most things but not a lot of choice so for our part we are thinking of going to see St Lucia as it may offer the beauty and cost effectiveness but more social opportunities to creat a circle of friends. It you would like to know anything specific please let us know as we will be here another four months Regards May

Hi, I visited Dominica for 5 months rented a house from nov 2013 to may 2014. Its a good place, its takes a while to get used to it. Most of the people are very nice if you talk to them. The place is very beautiful, The government has plans to revitalize the larger towns which should make Dominica even more attractive, you can find what your looking for there, I came back to states to sell my home, returning to Dominica next winter. I have lot of information for you if you want to chat.

Nathon, we would love to have you back!  :)

Hi is that dominica in dubai or please tell me I do not know and I want to move in dubai.

Sorry but this is a Caribbean island and not part of Dubai but it sure is a great place to be. Click here Dominica and you will see!