Advice for living and teaching English in Recife : )

Oi! Tudo bem? : ) I was adopted from Brazil and I have been living in the US, but it has always been my dream to go back to Brazil and to eat, breathe, and live the culture so I am going to move to Brazil and teach English in Recife! : ) Ideally I would like to live in Belo Jardim where I am from (it is a 2 hour and 38 minute drive from Recife) but I was told that the English schools and the hostels are in or near the cities, so Recife it is. : ) I have three questions: My first question is, does anyone know if there is transportation (bus or otherwise) between Recife and Belo Jardim? It is difficult to see on Google Maps, and on any website for that matter. On Google Maps there are several English schools in Recife; I am considering teaching at the Influx English School -Rua Mamanguape -Boa Viagem because it is only a 4 minute drive or a 24 minute walk from the Albergue Piratas da Praia Hostel on Avenida Conselheiro Aguiar -Boa Viagem. My second question is, would anyone recommend teaching at that school? My third question is, does anyone know if the people who oversee that hostel are friendly? I considered finding out for myself when I get there but I thought it would be wise to seek advice ahead of time, so I can plan accordingly before I arrive. Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much, boa noite! : )

Hi Joselicé,

I'm not in Recife, but you shouldn't be too worried about the hosts at the hostel there... all Brazilians are very warm and receptive, I know you'll be treated like visiting royalty.

I've checked the online reservation services for buses and it doesn't appear that the the major bus lines don't have service between Recife and Belo Jardim, so that means there is probably either a smaller regional bus service between the two cities or there is also the chance that municipal services connect the two. I hope somebody that is there can confirm that for you. Don't give up your dream.

Cheers,
James

i have a usa number , live in front of beach in rio , also have need  for some help , have usa number here in rio , its a tx area code , if your interested can get you job teaching , ,and this is a million dollar penthouse,  i marriend have two kids need some help , and house sitter ,   you can see where i live , my wife is from natal, near recife. but like your speak english      .    here is my web site get alot of ufc ,mma guys to train , and tourist        there pics of girls on the site , but hey its brazil     facebook.com/DreamingRio       you can reach me 817-439-7330.  could have everything lined up i plan pn traveling to usa , got tickects from june til dec       call me see maybe what we could work out?

Hello, how are you : ) Thank you for your response and for being willing to help me. I will call you tomorrow afternoon, I look forward to talking with you. Thank you again.