I would like to live in the USA

Hi, IŽm from Czech republic. I have once been in the USA. I worked as lifeguard in 2012 there. I love everything in the States. I would like to live there, but it is problem with green card. It drives me mad when I canŽt live there :/
You are happy people. So I believe in American dream :)
Take care!
Miska

There's another topic about the American dream that's less than 9 years old.

At least it was a substantial post and not just a ":)"

Hello Miska,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Since you posted on an very old thread, a new discussion was created as from your post on the USA forum for better visibility.

Can you please give us more details regarding your green card?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Miguel,

My parents emigrated to the United States and I have lived here for over 40 years.  Over the course of my lifetime, I have seen "the American Dream" die.  There have been a number of things that have conspired to cause this, but suffice it to say that the level of opportunity here is much less than it used to be.  In the first quarter of 2014, the number of Americans surrendering US citizenship hit an all time high.

There are many opportunities for a hard working talented young person in this world, but there are far fewer of them found within our borders than there used to be.

Good luck.

Hello,
thanks for your answers ;)
I donŽt have any green card - thatŽs the problem :)

usmc_mv wrote:

At least it was a substantial post and not just a ":)"

I guess things are looking up.

miguelka87 wrote:

Hi, IŽm from Czech republic. I have once been in the USA. I worked as lifeguard in 2012 there. I love everything in the States. I would like to live there, but it is problem with green card. It drives me mad when I canŽt live there :/
You are happy people. So I believe in American dream :)
Take care!
Miska

The American Dream is alive and well, but I would be very surprised if anyone is willing to sponsor a visa for a lifeguard.  Do you have any other job skills?

watchingtheweasels wrote:

In the first quarter of 2014, the number of Americans surrendering US citizenship hit an all time high.

There are 300 million of us.  I think we'll survive.

Would the last one out please turn off the lights.... :thanks:

I come from chile and my name ivannia I have really wanted to speak English because when big I want to go abroad to live and make my alla life, I'm really in a course in English but and learned very little due to much change of teachers and I would like someone to help me speak English I would appreciate a lot. THANKS

[Moderated: Off topic.]

stumpy wrote:

Would the last one out please turn off the lights.... :thanks:

Over our cold dead bodies.

@stumpy: Ha, typical kiwi. Talking trash about the US but living in Australia (or Asia).

That just makes him international.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
watchingtheweasels wrote:

In the first quarter of 2014, the number of Americans surrendering US citizenship hit an all time high.

There are 300 million of us.  I think we'll survive.

The all time high was 3,000, mostly for income tax reasons.  Big deal

That's nothing, especially when you look at how many people come in.

Exactly.

miguelka87 wrote:

Hello,

Hi Miguelka, :)

Do you want to go to USA when everybody is leaving USA?  :o

John C. wrote:
miguelka87 wrote:

Hello,

Hi Miguelka, :)

Do you want to go to USA when everybody is leaving USA?  :o

As posted previously, there are many more people coming to the USA than leaving.

People have been jealous of the United States for a very long time.  Why should that stop now?

Hi Miska.  I currently live in Los Angeles and have a room for rent.  If you plan on studying or working here, let me know.  Take care,  Diana