Want to know anything about Karachi ? Contact me

If you are an expat, a foreign national working in Pakistan, planning to move to Pakistan for visiting/working or if you are a Non residential Pakistani (NRP) and want to know anything about Pakistan especially about Karachi, you can contact me anytime.

regards,
Mohsin Siddiqui

Well my name is Rebecca and me and my son Malachi have plans to move to Karachi Pakistan to be with my husband. We plan on moving when school lets out here in America for summer break. I have no fears of going and neither does my son. My family on the other hand, hates that I am going. They listen to the media to much. They are afraid that something is going to happen to me and my son. I am looking for people to give me positive feed back about there life in Karachi so I can relate it to my family and ease their minds. 

Thank you so much
Rebecca Khan

Its a huge city.. It depends where you live in Karachi as well..

Yes its a huge city, but you are not suppose to worry about such situations. There are few areas which are termed as red zones, just avoid them rest the city is peaceful and people are very much generous. Just let me know when you want to go I will guide you accordingly

Salam, I will be moving back to Pakistan, Karachi with my husband this August . I am from Singapore. Can you advise on the rental price of a 3 bedroom  landed house in Karachi near Malir Area? Tks

it depends on the area.. It can range from $ 100 dollar per month to $ 600 and more.. Karachi is not very expensive compare to other big metropolis cities

Walekum Asalam,

Rents in Karachi are totally depends upon the area, even if you are asking about malir, the rates vary a lot. For eg. near Rafae-e-Aam (opposite Air port) , it will be around 12000-15000 PKR per month with a good 120 yd 3 bedroom apartment, and near Liaqat market, it will be much cheaper. but you will find a good apartment in Malir area under 15000

Salam Mr Mohsin ,
Thank you for your info on the apartment rental. Actually we are more keen on landed house. Do u have an idea on the rental for housing near Shah Latif Town? Also any idea on the price of furniture in Karachi as i would need to decide if it will be a better option on whether to pay for exporting my furniture or purchase new ones.

Thanks

One thing you should keep in mind about Karachi, if you salary is 100 USD you can survive easily and if your salary is 1000 USD you can also survive, means, it really depends upon a person what type of life style he wants to live.
Houses in Shah Faisal town starts from 10,000 PKR ( 2bed )to maximum of 25000 PKR (4 bed) so you dont need to worry about that. Just contact any local person from your relatives it will be easier for him to find a good house. You can also contact a real estate agents you can find them in every street in karachi. They just take their commisions and find you a house according to your range.

As far as furnitures are concerned, A branded bedroom set (bed, dressing, cupboard, divider etc. ) is starting from 70k pKR to 200k PKR (depends upon brand). You can buy local made within 50k PKR. Or if you are comfirtable with used furniture that is available from 15k-30k PKR. There are variety of markets for every type of furniture, used, new, local made, branded or imported.

Salam,
I have just arrived in karachi a few days ago, I heard so much about the danger and crimes in karachi and this has caused fear in me of going out.

I do not speak urdu and would like your advise on how I can go out such as to the malls or markets safely on my own.

Walekum Asalam,

Good to hear that you have finally arrived in Karachi :) Although there are many hearings about bad law and order condition in Karachi, but you dont need to worry about really. First let me know where exactly you are residing so that I can guide you about good places to visit nearby safely

Hello Friends,

One needs to be very careful while  staying outside or inside the home, there are some simple rules.

a) Keep your front gate and door locked.

b) Keep an inexpensive mobile phone and not a lot of money on you at all times. Do wear imitation jewelry.

c) Travel in groups, never travel alone.

d) Dressed like a Pakistani for both males and females.

e) Keep looking around while traveling , in a car or a taxi, ensure no one is following you.

f) There are many cases of robbery out side ATMs and banks, do not deal in cash, use cheques and credit cards, use ATM machines in side shopping malls.

g) Do not let strangers know that you are from out side Pakistan and you do not know Urdu. Dress up and put make up on very modestly, for females wear ABAYA.

f) If you are accompanied by an armed guard, this would reduce your risk by 99.99 %, an armed guard costs around  USD 150 for 12 hours..per month.

g) Keep arms with licence but you need to be trained to use it too.

h) Live and work in areas covered by CCTV systems eg Defence, Clifton and KDA scheme .

i) Keep your wallet/ purse and mobile in your hand, it will disappear from your pocket and Jeans or hand bag.without you even sensing any thing.

j) Your servants, drivers etc are responsible for 90 % of the thefts and break ins.

k) Live in compounds or large flats projects eg Askari 1, 2 3 4. join major clubs for socializing and fitness.

l) There are major security companies ( I can give you names and nos) who provide round the clock alarm system to your house or flat , they will respond with in minutes in case some body tries to break in, open door or window. hire their service , they cost 1500 to 1800 Rupees pm.

j) Keep a hand grenade in your pocket and learn how to remove its pin in order to explode it.  :dumbom:  Joke

This is half the list, the other half will be provided upon request as per specific localities and situations.

Have a wonderful time in Karachi. Good luck

riaz

Well thats too much exagerated :D One should follow these things but not in this way trust me, Karachi is not that bad as it sounds from your suggestions :)

Hi Mohsinciddiki,

You seem to be quite knowledgeable. Would you be able to guide me in the right direction, as I'm planning to move to Karachi and would like to work there.

Kind regards

Hi,

I Live in Karachi Pakistan.

What's you plan for moving to karachi.

Hi,  I want to get a job there. Any suggestions

Ok. Share your CV will evaluate and inform you accordingly.