Online Friends

hey All

well i Don't know if i'm supposed to do this or not and especialy on this board anyway i'm moving to iceland soon maybe next few months for a student visa i speak arabic english french and spanish too ...i'm just wondering if is it possible to have some icelandic or any friends moving to iceland too at least maybe we can have the same interrest i have already tried somewhere else but it looks that icelandic youth are not so social website fan ....  hope i'll get an answer

Hello Ain,

I'll be moving to Iceland as well. Either end of this month or December for school purpose. We could hook up before we meet in Iceland. Leave me your contact details for a mail. Regards

Hi guys,
If you're new to Iceland, it's helpful to join this group on Facebook: facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=4894417366&ref=ts "Home away from home - living in Iceland"

Making friends with Icelanders is quite difficult--not because they are rude or because they dislike foreigners but because the population is so small that Icelanders have a sort of small town mentality. Many Icelandic social circles form in elementary school, so it's difficult to penetrate cliques that have been in place for 15-20 years or more.

You will likely make friends mostly with other expats. The site that I posted is a good start -- the founders sometimes organize English pub quizzes, bowling nights, and other expat gatherings. You will also meet many other foreigners at the university or in Icelandic language classes.

Good luck with your move!

Thank you very much indeed dear for the link. I'll access that once out of China. As you know FaceBook is blocked here. Hahahahaha. Thanks a lot anyway.

(moderated: off topic)