United States Nonimmigrant Visa Guide - PLEASE READ

Thank you for your assistance! It gets extremely confusing.

thank you for this but i think you didnt mention all the types of visa.
if they were this small in number, why do i get lost whenever i visit travel.state. gov ?? :(

Hi All

Please assist, Looking to move to the states but i haven't been having no luck. Anyone please assist.  ***

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not share contact infos on the forum

Hi Matt

Are there any visa sponsorship  available? got a few job offers i New York but couldn't get any VISA Sponsorship please advise

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Off-topic. Please drop an advert in the Business partners in the USA section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Lets face it, if the US embassies around the world would approve every visitors visa application the whole world will be in the US. Now you think it is hard to get a US visa, be informed that it is probably twice as hard to get a green card. Prove, Prove , Prove and Defend your visa application just as you would probably do to a thesis. Dont talk too much prove. Bring a document for every possible question. People think you need a lot of money in the bank to get approved for a US visa-not really , you need proof and a lot of money that can not be explained by your current job could be very suspicious.Now a US visa is very easy to get if you can show the following:
1. That you truly are related or you know the person in the US you are visiting and that there is a convincing reason to spend money to visit . If visiting a brother prove with birth certificates, if visiting just a friend be prepared to explain how you met that friend and give a convincing reason why you are spending money to visit your friend, is it because you have a lot of money just for such long vaccation and how do you get the money.
2.Strong ties . Strong ties is often confused for money and property or good job, although it can be it is not.Think outside the box, if your grandmother is a cancer patient that needs home care at night and you have temporarily hired someone to take care of her untill you return simply prove that.Or if there is a court date in the near future to dissolve assets of a deceased relative , simply prove that. Or schedule an expensive cosmetic sugery with your local doctor in the near future and simply prove that. Strong ties is does not mean prove that you are rich.
3. Last but not least , just prove that you have enough money to pay for your trip and for your stay in the US. Noone asked to see your net worth. Dont bring all your life investments, or suspicious 40 thousand dollar bankstatements which noone asked you to bring. This is not a wealth competition, you can bring 200 dollars less than what is required and explain that my husband will top it up when you visa is approved. You are dealing with human beings not computers. Dont be scared and start giving a long explation of how your Dad is a very successful businessman. I have seen a lot of business tycoons denied visas to their suprise.

I hope i have courched someone to sucessfully obtain a US visa.

Wish you the very best.

Hi, I am just wondering if this policy still exists?

Thank you so much for the information. Will keep following in future.

Hello, My Name is Shayana i 'm 20, I currently living in Paris, working at the international airport and part student in Marketing and International Business
I plan to apply for a visa B-2 soon, I would like to know what is the requierement and how long its takes please.

looking forward to an answer

Hi usmc_mv,

visafoto.com/en/usa_visa_photo_online

Just a bit of info... How sometimes it can be easy and sometimes not so easy to get visa to US depending on which US Embassy you go to.

I was living & working in Bahrain. In 2015, a male colleague, who was married with US wife, had a Chinese girlfriend living with him in Bahrain. The girlfriend went to US Embassy in Bahrain and applied for & received a Visitor's Visas to US, with no problem. The man was in process of getting a divorce, so when he & his Chinese girlfriend went back to US, he finalized his divorce and they got married while there. You're not supposed to get married on Visitor's Visa, but the Embassy didn't know their intent. The US Embassy told me I needed to file a Petition for a Fiancée visa which is more costly and requires more extensive scrutiny. Now, his new wife can come and go on Visitor's Visa while they apply for a permanent visa in US since that is where they were married.

Before my wife, a Thai, and I were married, she applied for Visitor's Visa at US Embassy in Thailand about the same time as they had applied in Bahrain. She was denied in less than 5 minutes almost like it was an automatic response, I guess because there's so many Thais applying for visas. They have a rule that once denied, you have to reapply at same Embassy, so we could not go back to the Embassy in Bahrain. I didn't know this. As I said before, when I went to Embassy to inquire after she was denied, they told me I would need to file Petition for Fiancée visa which I did in Nov 2016. She was interviewed in Jun 2017 at US Embassy in Thailand by same people and was again denied and this was after the US election when things have gotten harder. So, we decided to marry and live in Bangkok and not waste anymore money with the US.

Bottom line, it looks like my colleague's wife out-foxed them and did it right by going to an Embassy that's not busy like in Bahrain and telling them she was only going to US as a visitor, but then getting married once in US, they now can live there while applying for a permanent visa.

Merci je voudrais savoir s'il est permis de passer le permis de conduire en ayant le visa F1

@Angeloci

Please post in ENGLISH only. If you wish to post in another language just click on the flag icon top of this page and select from the drop down box.

Hi,

Thank you for writing  elaborated post.
I just submitted B2 visitor visa for my father in Pakistan and realized that I haven't mentioned my father's step sister in the application. (Yeah big blunder, I KNOW:/). Good part is that have not paid the fee yet nor the interview date yet.
What are my options now?
Can I submit a new application and discard the old application?
How will I mention that step sister? does she come under immediate family. I did not  see the option of step siblings there.

THANKS
KB

Hello I am a student in Germany and applying for US B2 visit visa. My uncle and his family is US national and my cousin is sponsoring me and all my travel and living expenses will be paid by him. I study and do job here in Germany. I already filled DS-160 form and submitted now waiting for thier response..

My quesion is that:
What documents (Educational, Bank, Job, residance, etc documents) do I need to take with me for interview? And should I get those translated or it is also ok to submit as is (in German language)?

I will be thankful for your respone.

Hi Xishan.

Do you hold a German passport or Pakistani passport? If you are a German national, you can apply for ESTA visa waiver program. If not then they will give you the list of requirements you need when they send you the letter with the date and time of your interview.

Thanks for the info. If my husband is getting sponsored from a new company and his visa is taken care of, can I move to Texas with him (as his wife) or do I need my own sponsorship and job lined up? Thanks

Valuable datas.
Does any one knows, the visa type apply for a post of Aupair to USA?
And for a post of Non degree/ but experienced & professional manger level post?

I have a baby in the Dominican Republic, one year old.  So what type of non immigrant visa do I need to submit.  Also, I do not want American citizenship at this time because of  the greedy mother of the baby.  Only would like a visit at some point in time.  thanks