Moving from Kuwait to Malta

hy,
I wanna move from Kuwait to malta and want to open a small business in malta. plz can some one help me regarding that could be its benefit business and if yes then can I get work permit easily base on my small business and last question is that how much invest is require to open a small business ,restaurant small general store laundry tailoring shops etc. pls its good for me if someone can help me at my personal id.
[email protected]

Done.

Hi shahid.umq,

Please note that a new discussion has been created with your post on the Malta forum for more visibility and for more interaction with the other members. :)

Thank you for the suggestion Redmik ;)

Regards,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi shahid,

Malta will be very happy to see you start your own business in Malta. The minimum investment amount for non-EU citizens is 100.000 € and you will also have to employ Maltese and/or EU citizens in the business. It would be advisable to get professional advice and/or team up with a Maltese business partner.

Non-EU citizens are not allowed to work as self-employed but will need an employer to apply for a work permit that is limited to a specific job and is granted for 1 year at a time.. It can be difficult to get the permit as there are many requirements.

The kind of business you quote are not exactly in short demand in Malta and many new ones struggle! You will have to do your homework and have enough reserves to survive the first months.

Cheers
Ricky

thx for u all to have a good advice for me
mohammad shahid

hi ricky,

Sorry if bother you. Only one year of working permit as sponsored by employer? is this renewable?

thanks...

pemz

Hi pemx,

yes, working permit has to be renewed every year by your employer and is specific to the job. It can be renewed up to 4 times.

If you want to change your job you have to find a new employer to apply for a new work permit.

Work permits are not always granted. They are subject to work market conditions and that no other EU citizens wants to do the job for the wage.

Cheers
Ricky

thanks ricky for the info.

pemz