Vandalising a car is illegal by law?????

Dear Folks.
This sad incident happened today morning.

I moved to a new building in a shared apartment two days ago. I was told that I can park my car in parking no 59, but in two days of time, I didn't get chance to park my car in 59 because a white car was always parked there.  Parking no 58 was mostly empty so last night I parked my car in parking no 58 but when I came back next morning, my car was completely scratched with a KEY, Side mirrors were broken and windscreen wiper was broken.

I realized this damage, when I was driving to office today morning.

Please guide what should I do? Should I report to police? I know the owner of parking no 58 did this to my car. (According to car washer of our building).

My question is even if I parked my car by mistake does this allow him to vandalize my car?

Please advise

vandalizing cars is illegal, ideally, i would advise you to report this issue to the police. Will the police take action? I am not sure, since usually they do not consider such matters as a priority.

Take your car back to your building, and call the police. If you want them to take action against the owner of Parking slot 58, then take your car back, call the police, and pray that they be in a good mood and take action.

Usually people don't know who 'vandalized' there car, but you do, so yeah do it.

I had a similar incident, but didn't know who did it, so I called the police from wherever I thought they would come the fastest, go the green paper and claimed insurance.