Pro's and Con's of living in Taiwan?

Hi there, I am an Australian expat currently living with my husband and two children in Singapore and considering a move with my husbands work to Taiwan.  Can anyone share their experiences on what it is like to live there with a young family (newborn + 4yo)?.  How does it compare to life in Singapore and other Asian countries? What is there to do? Is it easy to meet other expat families and what is the quality of the education available for junior school aged children? Please share your experiences.

Hi! I have moved the thread on the Taiwan forum. Good luck!

Hello
Where in Taiwan are you going to be moving?  We also might be moving to Taichung by the end of the July.  I have never lived abroad, so I don't really know what to expect moving there. I have been looking online and researching myself. Hope all goes well.
Sarah

Hi , I'm Jason
i also will move to Taipei on July. is there any good website for me to look for apartment for a family of 4 people?

Jason.

Hi Jason and welcome to Expat.com!

Did you check out the Taiwan classifieds section?

I hope you will be lucky!

Have a nice day

Arlette

Hey everyone! how's the standard of living in taiwan? i'm thinking of going to taiwan to teach english!

From everything I have researched it seems to be westernized and very safe.

Well first of all you have to be prepared for the language barrier as the average Taiwanese' English ability will be a lot lower than the Singaporean. However the living cost will be relatively lower. Singapore is famous for the strict laws and the citizens may appear more civilised but Taiwanese folks are lovely (as far as I'm concerned) also the enviroment may seem a lot messier compare to Singapore so you might need some time to adjust and settle in.