Donating to the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines

I will be donating money to the Red Cross this weekend to aid in the relief of the victims affected by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. In an effort to raise as much money as possible if there are any Vietnamese people on Expat.com who would like to donate, I would be more than happy to match 100% of everyone's combined contributions in addition to my donation. (I'm sorry this doesn't apply to expats as I think most of you live somewhat comfortably). I know a lot of Vietnamese people on Expat.com don't make as much money as they would like, so it's my way of helping them contribute even more. Remember, you don't have to contribute a lot to make a difference. The victims over there are starting to drink filthy, contaminated water because they have no other choice. Just $1 (roughly 21,000 VND) will get several people clean drinking water. Just a tad more will get basic medical supplies that would go a long way in preventing an outbreak of diseases. As many of you know, you can live without food for weeks as long as you have clean drinking water, but you cannot survive long at all without water.

Post here or send me a message if you would like to help.

Of course donations by expats would be greatly appreciated as well.

Jerry

It's so kind of you! Some of my friends are sharing the speech of Phi's rep at the UN climate summit (http://www.rtcc.org/2013/11/11/its-time … ate-talks/) and going with the donation too. I will send you a PM. Many thanks for this thread! :)