Moving to BCN in June 2010

Hey everyone!

I'll be moving to BCN for work starting June and would love to meet new people.

I was an exchange student in BCN from Jan-April of this year and just finished my graduate program in the US.

Would love to meet people who love outdoor sports - running, tennis, yoga, pilates, sailing or coffee and just friends to explore the city with!

I dont speak any Spanish but will take language courses here.  I'd be happy to do Spanish/English exchange conversational sessions.

Look forward to meeting some nice people here! :)

I'm also moving to BCN in June, so would be good to meet up. I also don't speak the language but trying to learn. I've been doing Ashtanga yoga for the last two years, so would like to carry it on when I'm there.

I'm a local! If you need something, please send me a message. Sports? The DIR gym is the best. Discover the city? Sure! I have my favourite spots.

Best regards.

thanks so much! look forward to meeting you both.. i'll surely be in touch with you when im back in bcn :)

Hi Everyone!
I'm moving back to Barcelona, I've been living abroad for 4 years but my home is near the sea.
I'll get there by the end of June and I'll spent most of the summer there, so I'll be happy to show you around, it could be nice if we were a bunch of people :D anybody else?
Ciao,
Laura

Hola Friends

We are newly weds with a Poodle living in London. We need a change and something more similar to South Africa. I miss the sea,sun,good food and outdoors and we would love to move to Spain.

We will be happy to learn Spanish asap and our plan would be to move over in the next year or two. How difficult is it to make this move and what is the job climate/prospects for a Teacher and IT Marketing like ?

We look forward to speaking with all you guys on this blog.

All the best
Wayne & Aisling

Hey
I'm moving to Barcelona on the 5th of July. One of the things I'm looking forward to are the mountains nearby. Anybody interested in rock climbing, trekking?

Also, I'm pretty much into painting.

hey all!

i'm moving to barcelona at the beginning of september this year...would LOVE to meet other expats!

please message/email me if you want to catch up, i'm easy going & love exploring new cities & cultures...& love coffee! so anyone that wants to meet up, please let me know!

x

Hello fellow expats!
I am living right outside of Barcelona from now until late August and would love to meet any and all of you to become friends.  I am a musician, living right now with a family to be their nanny for the summer.  I love biking, music, museums, going out, but mostly doing new things with people, so e-mail me and let's go for coffee or something!
Melanie

My boyfriend and I will be in Barcelona on 5th July also. All the people on this post in the same position (including us) should try and arrange a time and place to meet up. Any suggestions from those that are already there?

For me it will have to be Friday afternoon or anytime during the weekend.  I'm guessing for all working people it is similar.  Look forward to meeting you all!

Hi Everyone!
It's a great idea!!! What about the 9th July? Plaça Reial?? there's a lot of bars and pubs around there!
Laura

Hi, I just moved to Barcelona from Ireland in February with my boyfriend.  I think it's a great idea to meet up and get to know a few people.  The 9th of July is good for me too or sooner if preferred.  Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hey Guys!
I will be moving to Barcelona in August to start my MBA at IESE. I am pretty interested in living in Barceloneta. I am still looking for house mates and would love to have an international setting. Anyone interested is more than welcome to respond to the post or just email me at [email protected].
Hope to find some interesting people!!

Hi!
You might find interesting ads in fotocasa.com, idealista.com or lloguerjove.
Hope you'll find something, i'll ask some friends if they're looking for a flatmate!

Cheers!

or www.trovit.com
Regards.

Thanks guys! Will definitely check these out. The only problem I face is that a lot of people I know (IESE guys) do not actually want to live in Barceloneta for various reasons. So the difficult part is find people who want to live on the beach.

there are other neighborhoods near the beach. Here is the 'hoods map: http://www.softguides.com/barcelona/map … centro.gif

Poblenou and Villa Olímpica is not so asphyxiating as Barceloneta and they are very close to the beach. I said asphyxiating because I lived in Barceloneta: the only way I would come back there is going to a penthouse with sunlight and forgetting the lower floors (the streets are very narrow and the sunlight doesn't come in). Or to look for an apartment in first line of the coast without a building blocking the sun.

Best regards.

Thats really great advice man! I will keep that in mind when I look for places. Thanks for the other beaches too...

looks like there's a few of us up for meeting up. 9th july is good for us too. can someone suggest a bar or cafe and a time of day? the other thing is recognising each other. those who have facebook, my name is catriona molver so add me so i can get a look of your face, haha!
yay! getting excited now!

hey everyone :)

glad you are all getting together and meeting on july 9th! turns out i will be moving to bcn mid-july (instead of june), so will organize a get together either 3rd or last weekend in July.

thanks catriona and b_c_n from paris for taking the initiative.. :) look forward to meeting all of you soon!

Hi Everyone!
I don't know how many of us will be meeting on the 9th July... so I suggest to meet at Plaça Reial, there is a Fountain in the middle, we could meet there around 22:00? Then we can find a bar to stay or maybe a terrace!
If 22:00 is to late, I don't have any problems to go earleir.
wc28, we'll do another meeting later in July, we'll get the chance to meet each other!
See you soon!
Laura

Hey guys!
My name is Angela and I'm technically not in BCN yet, but will be next week. My Argentine husband and I will be living in Barcelona long-term. I see there's planning for a meet-up on the 9th. Count me in, as long as y'all don't mind a FOB (Fresh Off the Boat-haha!)
Hasta pronto....

Great! So 9th of July it is then at the fountain on Placa Reial. Is it possible to meet at 9pm? Us Scottish folks aren't used to the late nights yet!

Can't wait to meet you all.
xx

hai every one.i, m new member in Expat.com.i olso new comer in barcelona.i wish ihis web site may be help livinng in new city,may be meet some nice people.ok adios .

IŽll be there at 21.

Hi everyone!
I'll be there at 21h, unless Spain goes to the final :P
We're going tonight with a bunch of friends to watch Germany-Spain, does anyone want to come?
C u on Friday!
Laura

hey guys.

i'm catriona's boy friend.

just read your post laura we are also watching the game tonight but i think its 2 late 2 arrange meeting up tonight now.

we are both going to be at the fountain at 9pm friday. how are we going to all recognise eachother? any suggestions?

as for spain reaching the final isnt the final on sunday laura?

Sorry... My bad... I thought it was on Friday!
I'll be there at 9pm!
We'll find each other don't worry :D
Cheers!

uh oh....we're gonna have to back on this one- a little too much craziness going on with us. Can u all let me know when another get-together happens? Gracias and have fun!!!
ps Vamos Espana!!!

I'm there and waiting
610 353 733

hi guys!
we're both really sorry that we couldn't meet up with everyone tonight. There's been so much things to sort out with our new home and we had a phonecall just before we were due to meet up that we had to deal with.
hopefully, we can meet up another time. i've got some mobile numbers from Catriona so we'll give you a shout.
What's everyone doing for the football on Sunday?
Hope you had fun tonight!

Hi all,

I've only just found this forum, and we were in Poland at my brother in laws wedding on the 9th anyway.

Did anyone actually manage to meet up on the 9th?

I'm English and my wife is Polish, we were in Barcelona for a couple of months last year, and we have just moved here permanently.

Would love to meet up with some new people, maybe we can arrange a new date and see what happens?

If it is difficult to arrange meeting at a fountain or something, then maybe we can just arrange to meet up at our apartment which is on La Rambla, with some wine, snacks, etc. one evening.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

hey!
yeah, a few people met up on 9th. my boyfriend and I couldnt manage unfortunately but one of the girls told me it was pretty fun.
neil and i will be there permanently from 6th sept so if there's another meeting, count us in. is it wise to invite a bunch of randoms to your house? we could be murderers. haha.
i'll put forward a proposition for saturday 11th sept for a meeting. i know its a bit far off but it'll give everyone a chance to get organised.
post something if youre up for it.

Catriona

True, but then again maybe I'm a murderer and just want everyone in one place.

September 11th is the day after my birthday, so I'll be up for meeting, but I might be a bit hungover.

Can I hijack this too? All being well I'll be living in Barca by the end of next week and am accommodating enough to be where you need me to be to get murdered :D

im starting a new thread for a meeting. ill call it 'ex-pat party'.

gallifreyseven wrote:

Can I hijack this too? All being well I'll be living in Barca by the end of next week and am accommodating enough to be where you need me to be to get murdered :D

Hello and welcome to Expat.com, gallifreyseven! :)

hiya count me in too.  murray in the semi finals of toronto.  anyone else a barca fan and might like to go to some matches?

diddly6969 wrote:

anyone else a barca fan and might like to go to some matches?

Definitely for me :lol:

My friends think I'm secretly in love with Messi... :rolleyes: