Living in Dar Es Salam

Hi,

I am in talks with a company for a job in Dar Es Salam. Can you please tell me how is life in Dar Es Salam? What is the minimum salary required for a decent lifestyle for a family of 4. The company will provide accomodation, car with driver, medical, furniture etc.

How safe is Dar Es Salam?

Thanks

Dar Es Salaam is as save as anywhere in the world. Most people are friendly, still poverty is big so you always have to watch your back when it comes to money. Some people are affraid that what happened in Kenia will happen in Dar Es Salaam too. Money rates are arround 200..000, a month. So if you want to come with a family, it would be best that both parends work and you take a live-in nanny to provide for the children. Volunteer work English would be appreciated. The more you do for the community, the more you get back. Overall Tanzania is a must and a live experience. Greeting Ania

Safe from what? Other human beings? Where ever you live, you have to be vigilant, careful and humble, and the Tanzanians will welcome you with both arms if you respect their culture and treat them well.
With those kind of thinking I am not sure if YOU ARE SAFE for Tanzanians..

Apologies if I hurt your feelings. I was just asking to made an informed decision. And believe me, the responses I received are so heart-warming that my family is just waiting to land there in Dar.

Thanks once again.