Re: Business Visa to Cambodia

My name is Sri K. Sriram I live in New York. I have been to Cambodia and I love the country. I am planning to take time off and spend few months out of the year and live in Cambodia.

I read about the ways I could live there everything points to obtaining a business visa with multiple entry. In order to apply for a business visa I need a company to sponsor me. Anyone know an agency or a company who will do this for me for a fee.

Thank you in advance.


you don´t need any company to apply for business visa in Cambodia
Simply you enter in the country ask for business visa (25 - 30 usd depends from point of entry) Go in any travel agency and extend your visa for 6 months (160 usd) or one year (280).
Which passport you own?

Sorry... but not that simple....
[at]Aspeceng... you are living in NY.. but what about your passport ? US citizen ?
[at]Bellinazzilaura... all foreigners are not trated the same way at the immigration.
If you are from a developing country, they wont give you the business visa that easily... trust me...

Thank you for your reply. But I am a USA citizen with USA passport.

Ok. So, no problem for you.
Just arrive to Cambodia with 2 pictures and 25$ for a Business visa....
You will have to insist by saying NOT TOURISM. .. They sometimes make mistakes.
Also, check before paying that the visa number begins with the letter E(for employment) and not T(for tourism).
You don't need to justify anything as you are US citizen.
This one month visa will be a single entry one.
After that, you will extend this visa to a 6 months or 1 year one which will be multiple entries.
Also, check that you have enough years left on the validity of your passport.

Yes I trust you.......
I also asked wich passport he has. But if living in New York....

Just went through this process myself, as an Aussie citizen.
You will have absolutely no problem getting a Business visa/work permit here we all get them as long as you have the cash.

Upon entry $25 will get you an E Visa for 1 month at the airport that can be renewed at a travel agency for 1month, 3 months, 6months or 12 months, only the 6 and 12 month visas have multi entry so if you know you are travelling back and forth getting one of these will save you a lot of money.

Travel agencies do this for a modest fee, they are the most convenient method however if you feel like dealing with the immigration office yourself they are located by the airport in Phnom Penh (not sure on other cities), however it's usually a huge pain but if you don't want to spend extra on a service charge thats the way to do it.

If you want to actually work here you technically need a work permit as well, if you are working for a company they organise this for you otherwise you are considered an investor and you organise it yourself, you can get one for 2 years but you don't have to worry about it until you enter the country. You don't really need it but it's good to be safe if you are actually making money here - but seriously it's such a relaxed system.

Hope that helped.

Thank you for the information


Thanks a lot. That is lot of help.

you need to get a normal visa $25 per month not a tourist visa that's only 28 days and update your normal visa from 1 month to 1 year at any travel shop along the main street called riverside it takes 24 hours to process business you will find cost huge amounts of money because of the bribes you have to pay 1 year normal visa $290  usa $ all the factories are doing rolling strikes the unions want more money for the workers 7 workers have been shot and killed at work by the army just last month with about 30 people still missing the average wage in Cambodia is about $2.50 per day or $70 per month  the unions want $100 per month but that's working 10 hour shifts 6 days per week an army or police officer get about $90 per month females/males not working in no aircon factories get $2 per day but they have to work 12 hour shifts for 30 days with one day off per month

New topic