International schools in Da Nang

I'm trying to find some international schools in Da Nang. I want to move there next month and I need a school for my 7 year-old daughter. I know that there's Singapore International School there but I don't know the fees.... Are there any other international schools in Da Nang? I would appreciate any help.
Cheers
Ola

Hello 'olabubu' you could try these, good luck Da Nang is a nice place.

Danang
Apollo English    apollo.edu.vn
ELI English Language Institute    www.elidanang.edu.vn
ILA    www.ilavietnam.com
Fisher's Superkids    fishersuperkids.com

olabubu there is also 'APU International' - apu.edu.vn
again good luck.

Thanks bluecheer. APU is an international school, but  is it in Da Nang too? I've checked the website and it says they have their campuses in HCMC. The others are just language centres. In need an international school with all the subjects in English. Any other schools?

APU is a college. I'm almost 100% certain SIS is the only K-12 school in town. Just call them directly to ask about the tuition.

Sorry about that

Hi! There is Singapore international school in Da Nang ( 139  Le Loi st, Hai Chau dist)! Because my Thai restaurant named Sala Thai in 111 Le Loi st, Hai Chau dist also, we have many customers are teacher from that school, they are very good and fun! Hop this is the food school for ur lovely kid! ^_^

I recommend Green Shoots International School. They are a boutique international school with campuses in Hoi An and in Da Nang offering small class sizes and a carefully tailored curriculum.

I just moved to Hoi An 3 months ago. My 20 months daughter goes to the Kindergarten in Hoi An, and she totally loves it!!! Even on the weekends when there is no school, she would bring her shoes to my bed, wake me up insisting "School, school, go to school Mama!". Only 2 months in school but I have seen her develop every day. Her language really comes up. She can count from 1 to 10, recognise colours & shapes and sing along the Alphabet song.

Their Hoi An campus caters to students from 18 months to 16 years old and offers  Early Years, Primary and Secondary programmes. A school bus runs between Da Nang and Hoi An, delivering students from Da Nang to the main campus in Hoi An

Their Da Nang campus offers an Early Years and Early Primary (Key Stage 1) programme. Once students there reach Year 3 (age 7) they travel via school bus to Hoi An to continue their education.

It is their intention to move the Hoi An campus to a location nearer to Da Nang in the coming few years, reducing the trip from around 30 minutes at present to just 15-20 minutes in the future.

Hope that helps :-)  Rosie

Hello, I have 3 kids, American with Vietnamese wife. We have homes in Danang and Hoi An. We checked out Green Shoots but not impressed with the curriculum (an no certification), and the costs were very high (>$10,000 usd/year). Singapore School (near Marble Mountain, just south of Danang), is excellent from our tour, but outside our budget ($12-14,000/year/ child). My kids went to Skyline school (Danang campus), reasonable price, but they weren't learning much (mostly for wealthy Vietnamese then foreigners). Now we found a Australian women that homeschools kids in Hoi An. Small class, all ages, and she seems very dedicated and my kids are loving it! The price is very reasonable, let me know if I can help more. **

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

Regarding school fee at Singapore International School @ Danang, it could be as follows:

1. Nursery to Kindergarten 2: around $5,000/year (full day)
2. Preparatory: around $7,300/year (full day)
3. Year 1 - Year 6 (International Programme): around $14,500/year
4. For higher level, the higher fee scheme is applied.

For more details, you can find out at:
School Fee at Singapore International School (Danang)

Tel.:  84 511 3840 495 (Mon-Fri) - 8:00AM - 5:00PM

Hi. As I know, GreenShoots is a member of the Council of British International School and about to be accredited by Cambridge International Exams. GreenShoots is an international school following international curriculum with international teachers, where as Skyline is a Vietnamese school following Vietnamese curriculum.

Regarding to the fee, it varies depends on the kids' age. For more information, please check out their website http://greenshootseducation.org

Cheers :-)

Hi, we are an Australian family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids. We will be moving to Danang in June of this year. Wondering if you have the contact details for the Australian lady who is teaching your kids? We've looked at all the other options and they are all just way out of our price range.

How much is she charging?

Thanks,

Please get in touch via our email if possible: ***

Thanks so much.

Josh

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

Hello, Please can I know the contact of the Australian woman that teach in Ho Ian?
Thank you

HI,

APU has a campus in Danang. K-12.  If you scroll to the bottom of their website and look on the right side you will see details for their Danang campus.

http://www.apu.edu.vn

The American University in Vietnam is adjacent to APU (potentially causing the confusion).

In Danang, the only options for international schools are Singapore (has international or Vietnamese curriculum). and Skyline schools (2 campuses in Danang). Hoi An has Greenshoots.

How do you commute your kids  to and from the campus? Singapore Intl for example looks pretty far away?

I am looking at the same thing...SIS school and  I have looked at all of their schools in Vietnam.  Reading the posts on the international school was listed on the ex-pat site has made me lean toward homeschooling. Several of us are trying to get together and use a homeschool curriculum and then supplement from there. And that way we can also live anywhere.  Let us know what you find out… We have interviewed it to SIS schools  we can figure out about just under$1000 a month

HI

My Daughter is coming next month and yes these fees are ridiculous. I have no idea who and how and why people pay that. Please can you give me the details of the lady with the home school. She is grade 3 now and I also would love to meet you guys and make some friends for her

We are still looking for others interested in sharing a homeschool teacher.  We have interviewed at 2 of the schools for our 7 y.o. Daughter and it doesn't seem worth it to send the her to the international schools.  We would be most appreciative for what others find out, and we will be moving now about Jan 1st.

Hey, i found a great school. They about 7mil a month. Only English and standards amazingly high and only a few students. Will send more details when i have

hi any updates?

Hi
Yes. You can message me on XXX and I will assist. Just found the best place for my 7 yo Daughter andnthey are so well priced with personalised attention. Just foreigners. Nice

Moderated by Julien 6 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details

u are amazing,thank u so much.im still here hongkong but my husband lives in hoi an now.would u mind if he will contact u?

Hi Robert, would you mind sharing your contact for the homeschooling teacher please?

Hi guys,

i just came across your thread on this forum a few years ago now i regards to your family moving to Da Nang and where to educate your children.

What did you end up doing? Did you move there? If so can you share your experience of education there?

I am planning on possible re-locating from Chiang Mai to Da Nang!

Thank you kindly!

Hello,

I need to find a school for my children (5, 8 and 10), but the international schools are quite expensive. Additionally only the oldest started learning english, so following courses held in english will be very hard.

So I am wondering, how to prepare my children for school on one hand. On the other hand I am considering to hire private teachers for english and vietnamese at least, or for other subjects as well.
Is home schooling a valid / legal ption in Vietnam, and does anybody have experience with it?

Hi! How did you go? We are moving to Da nang late this year and looking for a good international school too. Our boys are 6 and 9. It looks like Singapore International school is the main one there. If you are entering a contract with an employer it's ideal to negotiate schooling.
Does anyone have experience with SIS? It's hard to find comments here from people who have children who attend. There's a Facebook expat group too so I might ask there. Are you currently in Danang or moving there?

Children learn new languages very quickly! Last year in Australia we had 2 students come from different countries and within a couple months were doing very well, and even better now. If they are young they are like sponges :)

Hi,
We have just moved to Da Nang from New York. I found your post from expat.com. How do you like the school for your daughter? Could you please give me some info like curriculum, tuition, class size, address contact info? I have a five year old son who is supposed to go to kindergarten this year.
Many thanks and hope to hear from you.
Long

please tell me which school did you find for your children?

Alejandra Silva wrote:

Hello, Please can I know the contact of the Australian woman that teach in Ho Ian?
Thank you

Hello, may I know the contact of a woman from Australia teaching in Hoi An

Hi there, is it possible to get the name of this school. Also did you end up sending your children here?

hello Rosie, Are you still in Da Nang? I plan to move there and would like to connect with another parent  about school and life in general

Hi,
We just moved to Hoi An for abt 6 months and we enrolled our kids (2.5, 8 and 12) at Hoi An International School. This is a new school with very beautiful campus, happy with HAIS so far. They have both bilingual and international programs for Kindergarten and Primary, only International for Secondary. Bilingual is cheaper than International at the school and HAIS is cheaper than other international schools in Danang last time i checked. They have bus to Da nang so if you plan to move to Da nang, still worth to check out the school. I think its the only school in the Central of Vietnam that follow IB framework.
Home school is not legal in Vietnam so i guess its suitable only if you plan for a short stay. I mean those places wont have any kind of license. So the legal options are are either state school and international school. It was such a headache for us choosing school for our 3 kids and its great that we have more choices here in Hoi An.
Good luck with the move and school!

Uyennb wrote:

Home school is not legal in Vietnam

Please clarify this:

1. Are you talking about the compulsory grades of school, and what grades are those?

2. I assume you are referring to education for Vietnamese children citizens? I've seen a few references for homeschooling for foreigner children.

Thanks!

Hi, as far as i know, school is also a business and as a business, they need to apply for license in Vietnam to be legal. Obtaining such a license here is very hard. I dont know of any place that provides home schooling also has license.
Before moving here i also found a place providing homeschooling and the only option for payment was for a short period of time (1 month or 3 months, cant recall exactly), and that made me feel a bit unsecured. I mean if they received 1 year payment, they also needed to guarantee 1 year education but there was no option for that. Or maybe homeschooling was new to me, i didnt know much and thats why i feel that way. Now i cant find them anymore so cant give you more details.
For Vietnamese, they cant attend homeschooling if they want to come back to state school as state school will require reports and certificates.
Anyway, i think for foreign kids, maybe its easier, quite a few countries do not require any kind of certificate and you can just choose to give the kids homeschooling all the way up and its totally fine.

These prices for international schools are outrageous! We are moving to Da Nang in August or September. My kids will be in Grade 11 and 9. I think we will be doing eschool because of the affordability($4000 total for both kids/year). My concern is extra curricular activities so that they can socialize. What sort of activities are available for teens? Are there swim teams, basketball teams????

I just wanted to comment regarding someone's comment regarding homeschooling in Vietnam.  There are many people homeschooling in Vietnam - the fees for many of these private schools are ridiculous!  I personally have homeschooled my own kids - and I can tell you - they are way smarter than any kids their age (and older).  Here are a few articles for anyone interested in homeschooling in Vietnam. 

http://vovworld.vn/en-US/thats-life/hom … 511213.vovhttps://a2zhomeschooling.com/regional/a … schooling/https://www.home-school.com/groups/vietnam.phphttps://www.facebook.com/groups/Homeschool.Vietnam/https://english.vov.vn/society/is-homes … 348760.vovhttp://oivietnam.com/2013/10/home-schooled/

There are SO many options regarding homeschooling and various curriculum options.  It depends what you are looking for as a family.  One resource of information: https://hslda.org/content/earlyyears/curriculum.asp

I highly recommend these (but there are thousands of options out there):
https://welltrainedmind.com,
https://www.joyinthehome.com/new-to-cha … tart-here/

Do Not let anyone discourage you from homeschooling.  It is a great option if you are dedicated to going down that path.  Good Luck!

Hi, I live in DaNang and our 2 boys go to Hoi An International School. They are thriving. It's a wonderful school and can highly recommend. They get the shuttle there and back. It's a long trip however we just knew the School was worth it and right for our boys. They are used to the travel. It is the only school in central Vietnam to follow the IB curriculum. The teachers and staff are excellent.
If you have any questions let me know. We've been here for 3 months now.
Sarah

I just moved here so I don't know them all. However there is an Australian International School in the central area, and St Nicholas International School in the southwest part of the city.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you