Yia sas!

Greetings from Melbourne, Australia.

I will soon be relocating to Saudi as a trailing spouse.
I am excited about continuing my expat life and reconnecting with the people and culture of Arabia.

What a privilege it is to travel and see the world!

Welcome on Expat-blog Loanna! I have moved the topic on the Saudi Arabia forum. :)

Good luck!

Hello,

I did 4 business trips to Saudi Arabia in 2007 & 2008 and I didn't find anything interesting there : it is a very new country that has been developping a lot for the last few years due to oil. The clients are the most terrible of the world ! The climat of Jeddah is really hard for all kind of machineries : humid and hot like nowhere else ...really to hot for human beings ...
I went to Yemen as well and over there I really could discover the arabic culture.
I am afraid you only gonna discover buildings, wonderful new roads ...
However it will be a new experience for you.

All the best.
Batu

welcome Ionna

its very exciting here ,, to live under so many rules and regulations , but i guess you will definitely see a different world here .. in case u needed any help plz lemme know

i got a bro there in Melb which i hope i could visit one day ..

Life has so many challenges and I try to be content even when it is 50 degrees celsius outside!
My joy comes from seeing my spouse come through the door after a long day and sharing time together.
Many times I joke with him and ask him why he can not get a posting to Paris.

C'est la vie

Hi, loanna!

Saudi is what you make of it. Is it the party capital of the world?  No. In fact, there aren't even movie theatres lol

On the other hand, is it the hell some people make it out to be?  I'd say no to this, too.

Saudi is what you make of it.  It's a place of contradictions, not only within its society/culture, but also for me regarding my feelings towards it.

I just got back from a trip to the States and I do have to say that I realize  feel a LOT less stress here (maybe because there's nothing to do? lol or maybe because my 'real' life is in the US?  I don't know.  All I can say is, ironically, I was glad to get back here [okay, just shoot me!]).

It's good that you'll be here with hubby--you've got a companion and support system.  A bit different when you're here on your own but if you're an independent type (like me) you can enjoy your time, too :)

Alliecat i think you are so happy in ksa i wish i can be like u

Any place is what you make of it. The choice is in our hands and we can make it better or worse based on what we choose. As long as there are human beings around there will always be plenty to see, do and chat about.

Just look at how this simple forum is thriving since of late. Imagine if the floodgates were open?