Meeting new friends and getting to know the city

Hi! I'm Annette and I was living in Copenhagen, Denmark with my husband, but Danish immigration denied my residency and sent me back to Florida (where I am from), and now my husband and I are planning to move to Malmo, Sweden shortly after I return to Denmark. Does anyone know any ways I could meet friends, learn Swedish, or does anyone like to knit/ crochet and have coffee? It has been rough for my husband and I because we have been made to be separated and I've had to bounce around from place-to-place just so we can be together. I know English, French, Spanish, and some Danish, but I guess it's time for Swedish :-P

So, if anyone would like to show a newcomer around, I'll be back in Europe early September. My husband and I are already looking for apartments, and will certainly check come out in person, once I've returned. Let a lady know if you'd like to be pals :-D

hi,ya! i will start my new life in lund,sweden soon, late aug.this year  where i was told is a small town just besides malmo.

i lived in ireland for 12 years, made friends with people from so many different european countries, but funny thing is none of them is from scandinavian area! lol ! so, i have no idea of the culture,people and life in sweden or demark. i would like to make new friends and explore this lovely country~

Hi! Well, I am currently in Florida until early September, and then I return to Copenhagen, DK. My husband and I are searching for an apartment in Malmo or in Lund. If you'd like to get together and have a coffee or beer with my husband and me when I get back, that would be totally nice :-)

-Annette

yepee! i'll be in lund by then~ keep in touch then~

Hej! Lust att ses? Kan visa dig/er massvis i Malmö:D . I`d like to show you around our beautiful province of scania. Its really something else. If you are intrested in nature and biodiversity iŽd be happy to show you what we have got to offer, its my speciality. However if its history you want, castles are a plenty but i dont know much about them

Hi Annette

I live just outside Malmo and like coffee! Please feel free to send me a private message and maybe we can meet up. I know how lonely it can be when you first move to a country and don't know anybody :)

Same applies to Ginko :) I actually live nearer to Lund than I do Malmo :)

great!
i'm going to enroll this Swedish course for expats in komvux, think it's called SFI. cos i think it'd help me to know the country better.
any interests?

SFI is great, I did it a few years ago, and it's well worth it!

that's good to know! did you go for the distance module or attending classes?
what do you recommend? any tip on learning Svenska for beginner like me : )?

I went to school. I think that the biggest hurdle is to learn how to speak Swedish and you can only really do that face to face with others.

noted and thanks.tell me about it, having a hard time with the "R" in swedish...

Hi Annette and all other lovely people... I'm  moving with my husband to malmo by end of October probably n we ll be visiting malmo in a few weeks to rent a house. I'm desperate to meet n know people there if you are still interested in making friends... Excited to move to malmo and make lovely friends. Regards, Maria xxx