What are good gifts to buy for my VN friends when we visit Nha Trang?

When we have traveled before people have asked us to buy special regional gifts like tea or coffee or strawberries from Dalat. What would be a special gift from Nha Trang

Nha Trang is a coastal city so it is no surprise that its delicacies are fruits of the sea: bird nests, crab, fish stomaches,..

Give this link to your wife, and she can read it.
http://tourdulichnhatrang.net.vn/Thong- … -Nha-Trang

Go to the central market, where you can buy those things.
They also sell shark fins but I have not tried them both of ethical reason and doubt of authenticity.

one word of caution:

Whatever you buy, check in as luggage and don't bring them onboard. It does not matter how tightly packed the gifts are (and assurance from the sellers that you can bring them on board or they have packed them in a special method to be brought on-board).
The staff in Nha Trang are experts at spotting them.
Last time, I had to throw away of a lot of delicacies since they were denied on-board at the airport.

Thank you very much

Yeah, but VungTauDon is also from a coastal city?

To me, Vung Tau is as much a coastal city as Chicago a Midwestern city :o.

Dried squid (muc kho), prob best in the country. It also has very good fish sauce that can rival Phu Quoc's. But be careful as a lot of people have been scammed before. Say, vendor opens a bottle "at random" for you to try and it's oh so delicious so you get a few more bottles. Unfortunately, the rest is just colored water.

Vung Tau has all the hallmarks of a coastal town, mainly a coastline :lol:

my fish sauce tastes better than yours :P

Pearls...they are a beautiful thought...and almost every where in Na Trang has them for sale...lovely.
Please not another T Shirt that says Na Trang or Vietnam...

I ended up buying some bird nest. My wife thinks it's good for your health.