Living in Mumbai

Hello, I have been selected to work in Mumbai and I should be there next month. I would like to know if someone can inform me about a place to rent for living, a room or apartment.

The place where I will work is in Andheri East.

Thanks a lot.

Hella Albaida,

I've moved your post to the Bombay English speaking forum for better interaction with the other members.

Kindly note that you should post in the appropriate language so that everyone can understand and participate. Thank you ;) .

Regards,

Sarah

Dear Albaida,
I would advise you stay as close as possible to your workplace and this means Andheri East or Vile Parle (East)or Powai. Powai will be dearer but is liked by expats.
I will send you list of agents as available in public domains operating in these areas and you can contact them on the phone.and they will show shortlist properties.You may check in at a hotel in Andheri east for couple of days till you finalise the apartment.

Let me caution you that they are eager to earn money and you may waste your time in seeing places which are not as per specs.They charge 1 to 2 months equivalent rent as commission depending on the intended stay in no. of years.

In case of any difficulty,please let me know .I will glad to advise.Welcome to the rain soaked Mumbai.

Best wishes,
Art

Hey! Where will you be working ? According to that I can suggest you places which can be suitable for you.