World Cup 2014

Hello Everybody,
I am planning to come to Brazil during world cup 2014. Yet I need some information and help. of course hotels rates will be very high during world cup so I am thinking to rent an apartments or staying in a hostel to minimize the expenses. Can someone please tell me what the average rate for renting an apartment or staying in a hostel would be during the world cup?
One more thing, I don't know yet which city to go for.... ugghhh I have little information about Brazil. Can someone tell me which city is the more fun and which city is the cheapest?
I am also looking to meet some people when I come; it's always fun to me to meet people from other countries and cultures.
Thank you

Hello Mohamed Hegazy.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

As you already know the prices for ALL accommodations will be astronomically high during the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games. Worse still most of the available accommodations in Rio have already been booked for the period during the World Cup.

You will very likely have to look for something in a city well outside Rio and bus into the city for events. If you are able to find something now it would be much better to do so, I live in a city about 3 1/2 hours by bus north of Rio and I doubt you would even find much in the way of accommodations here if you leave it go until the last moment.

Regarding the most economical accommodations a poussada (guest house - what we'd consider a B&B or motel) will be the best bet. Not to be confused with what Brazilians call a motel, which is usually rented out by the hour by couples, for you know what!

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

hi ,

i want to visit brazil on fifa world cup ,and i am looking for hostel in rio can somebody share with me

thanks

shaki

Hi,

I'm also going to Brazil for the World Cup I'm going to stay with my friends in Rio for a couple of days. I am staying at a campsite which Is pretty cheap because I can't afford to pay too much for accommodation. I also got free booze because I booked in February. Maybe you can take a look at this. I booked it with a travel organisation Stoke Travel. Their website is stoketravel.com. Good luck!

greets, Jim

Im also going to brasil for fifa world cup ... i dont have hostel yet.. if you want we can join and rent an apartment together or with other bloggers going .. my flight is to Rio de Janeiro ill be ther june 10th

Hi Luis,

Good luck finding accommodations in Rio at this stage of the game. Everything has been booked solid for at least the last 6 months.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

One alternative is stay at rental homes/apartments/rooms.

Airbnb is a good choice to look into.

Good luck with hotels though, as far as I know most hotels are booked solid during the month.

This video show the side of Brazil that you are going to be confronted with when you come for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. So be prepared folks! I can tell you from my nearly 13 years experience here it is absolutely all true.

WARNING: Not recommended for anyone who becomes frightened easily, unless of course you can sell off your airline tickets and admissions to the games easily  :lol:

FIFA World Cup 2014 - The Real Brazil

Wjwoodward .. jodete!!! .. f^ off!! ... dejanos ser felices haciendo el viaje y disfrutar de Brasil y el mundial.. si eres tan pesimista o estas en contra de la copa... vete con tu Odio a otro lado.

LuisValenciaEC wrote:

Wjwoodward .. jodete!!! .. f^ off!! ... dejanos ser felices haciendo el viaje y disfrutar de Brasil y el mundial.. si eres tan pesimista o estas en contra de la copa... vete con tu Odio a otro lado.

As this is an English speaking forum could you please post in English so that others can understand. Thank you.

Great video wjwoodward.
Truthful. Good to see nothing has changed since I was in Brazil in 1988 for 6 weeks.   :o

Ok in english sory about the language
.... yes brasil is in trouble.. yes things hasnt change since stumpy was there ..but
If there is people who want to visit brasil and join the fest . Let them be ... let us be!

Im from Ecuador .. I know the crisis that we all live in south america.. i you want to prevent us about protest .. robery  and poor people in brasil ..oki .. gives advices but please dont try to kill our dream about going to enjoy the Mundial =)

Best regards

Luis,

I find it difficult to understand you being so upset about a video that shows the pure, unvarnished truth about this country, since you're from Ecuador. I can understand the blind national pride that many Brazilians have about this country, and why they can't handle the truth, but from you it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

We're not trying to "kill your dream", we're just pointing out the bitter truth about this country so that YOUR DREAM DOESN'T END UP KILLING US.

I hope you can understand that? The stadiums aren't ready, they'll be slapped together at the last second and be extremely dangerous. The govenment won't be able to guarantee the safety of the Brazilians attending any of the events, let alone that of any foreigners here for World Cup.

As far as hate....... I don't hate Brazil despite all of its very serious problems. If I did I certainly wouldn't still be here after almost 13 years. Since I have a Brazilian wife and child just who, may I ask, do you think you are to tell me (or anyone else for that matter) to go home if we don't like it?????  The age of "Brasil ame-o ou deixe-ou" are long gone my friend.... long gone!!! My opinion about Brazil, good or bad, is of no concern to you or anyone else for that matter; and it is my right to have an opinion, just as it is yours.

Different points of view .. ok

There are many ways to tell people something ..i think yours was not the best one. But its only an opinion.

Nobody in this earth can judge other people's way of life (didnt even mention your family, my sincere respect for them) .. that's not my point. What i really meant is somebody could create another blog with title "bad things about WC 2014" or "the real brazil behind the cup" because   there's a lot of bad publicity about the world cup, we read newspapers we see them on tv ... but we do not need more of this here.

We are people trying to go, stay and enjoy Brazil.. asking for advices about places to rest, to visit and have fun. We all know (including you my friend) that strangers money will help a little in the economy of brazilians.

We are not going to destroy your country or steal your resources... we go to enjoy your beautifull cities and of course pay for it ... that will help i hope

But again .. its only an opinion

Best regards
RESPECT

The End

I respect your opinion and you do make a valid point.

I would just like to point out however that I did not create the video, I'm just passing it along. There is NOTHING in it that is not 100% true and people coming from all over the world have an absolute right to know exactly what they are getting themselves into by coming to this country for the event. They also have the right to know exactly what the average Brazilian citizen has sacrificed in order for the government to put on an event that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY above their capabilities.

The games will go on whether anyone of us likes the idea or not, it's far too late for that to change. I firmly believe that the image of Brazil is going to go right down the toilet when all these foreigners go back to their home countries and tell everybody just what it's like here. I also believe that the economic return for the average Brazilian of the World Cup or the Olympics is vitually ZERO and certainly not worth all the suffering they've gone through for it.

When the image of Brazil worldwide goes into Self Destruct Mode, which it certainly will, the only people to blame will be those in power here who actually thought they could pull it off.

Oh, and here is what some BRAZILIANS think about the World Cup........

No, I'm not going to the World Cup

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

http://s2.glbimg.com/JgDSGyVHcWgVfdsy-b1wpKhNNmo=/s.glbimg.com/jo/g1/f/original/2014/05/27/aviao.jpg

GOL Linhas Aéreas shows off the aircraft that is going to transport the Brazilian team.

I wouldn't fly in this plane if they paid me!!! Come on now GOL, haven't you heard that "Beauty is only skin deep, but UGLY goes right through to the bone"???

Never in all my life have I seen an uglier airline livery.