Recherche Anglais / looking for English speakers

Hello,

My name is Marc. I'm French, and I'm preparing a PhD in English linguistics at Université Lille 3.
For my linguistic experiment, I'm looking for volunteering native English speakers to participate in a "scoring task". They would have to listen to recordings of English words, sentences and conversation samples, and give a pronunciation score to each.
It's a very easy task, the only possible "problem" is it can be a bit "boring" (?); I've estimated it can take up to 2 hours to score everything. However, it can be done from home; I would send the sound files via the internet, and then the volunteers would do the scoring whenever they have free time, at their own pace.

The natives have to be from England, though (not from any other English-speaking country).

If someone accepts to help me, or knows other natives who can help me, I can in exchange help you with your French (conversations, lessons, etc.), translations, even English!, phonetics, etc.

Thanks for reading my message anyway!

Marc

Hello Marc.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Concerning your PdD, I suggest you to post an advert in the Looking for section (Testimonies) in the Lille classifieds. It shall help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Marc,
I would be interested in helping you. You estimate that the scoring will take about 2 hours to complete - what is the comletion date for the scoring?

Thanks for your message!

Fortunately, right now I don't have any strict deadline. As for many things, I would say the sooner the better! But I definitely don't want the volunteers to feel in a hurry.
I can use dropbox to send the folders containing the sound files. Or, if you're in the Nord Pas de Calais, I can meet up with you and give you a CD.
I personally live close to Calais, Boulogne; I work in Dunkirk, and  I very often go to the Lille-Lens-Liévin area.

Thanks for your interest in my study!

Marc

Hi Mark,

Does a bilingual person work for you? if it does I can help :)
email me at [email protected]

Regards,

Sasha

Hello!

Unfortunately, bilinguals don't work. The speakers have to be English native speakers; if they're fluent in French, it's okay. But French shouldn't be their second native language.

Thanks anyway for offering your help!

Marc

Hi,

I am a native english speaker....however it is hard for me to say which language came first :) since mum is american and dad is french ...

Sorry I could not be of help

Regards,

Sasha

Hello Marc,
If you can send the folders to me I will make a start.
[email protected]