Re: BACKGROUND CHECK IN THE U.S. FOR EC RESIDENCY

...for those US expats that are residents...how did you get your background check done in the US? I was told to Dept of Justice website and print info and have a live scan done of my fingerprints ? When my daughter went to Germany and needed her residency I just went to DMV in California and had a check done that way and it was fine in Germany so I do not know exactly what type of background check I need please help !!!Thank you!

If I understand it all you need is to go the state highway patrol site and request one for the previous five years in yoir state. I live in Missouri and I went to tjeir Missouri government site and requested one and after you input all the information that they need it only cost like $10 or $11 and you pront out as many copies that you need. I printed four just to be safe.

Good Luck

I went to my local Sheriffs dept to get mine it was $11 and took 10 days.

thank you guys for your help of course "lovely laws" we have here in California I just called them The Highway Patrol and they stopped doing backgound checks so I am waiting for a call back from DMV..OMG going through California Dept of Justice and the FBI is a pain...they are asking...WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN WHY HOW COME WHERE AT?????? there has to be an easier way PLEZZZZZZ!!!!lol

Pele - please let me know how it works out for you. I'm also in California and will have to go through the same process. Any info would be great.

of course I will let you know I did not get any help from the local sherrifs office they sounded jealous because I am leaving the country(lol) ...check out this website ...http://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/security
Criminal Records - Request Your Own
I called the Ecuadorian Consulate in San Francisco and they told me they did not process or know of any information for RESIDENCY soooo I think she was not having a good day..so for now I am relying on my fellow expats in EC for information OR the DMV I may just take a DMV background..Have you checked out Bryans blog ? You can get information there as well, in case you do not have it here it is (he's from Canada) but you can get other information: /www.gringosabroad.com....also check out GRINGOTREE.COM...okay will be in touch..

In Minnesota, we have an agency called the BCA (Bureau of Criminal Apprehension ) I drove over there, showed my drivers license, and got my report in 10 minutes, at a cost of $ 10.00. When you think about it, a cop in a squad can run you in less than a minute, so I don't know why all these states, and different agencies try to make it so difficult.
Good Luck
Neil

Hi Neil I was waiting for your response to my question I knew you would answer it...I know it's like we live in different countries....lol...It should not be frustrating and it's such a pain in the derrier...So I will try the surrounding counties and see (smaller towns)  if I can get help that way..if I go through the California criminal office (long process) they probably will send me to Interpol (lol)..Rrrrrrrr

I am trying the surrounding counties today ( sheriffs office so maybe you  can try that I am unfamiliar with your city we have small towns surrounding Sacramento so I am going to give that a try....let me know how it goes!  for:4feaster

Try this website: http://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints/security

okay so I have information I called the downtown Sheriffs dept and she said what I need is a "visa clearence" cost 25.00 and it only take 20 minutes to generate. So there I am happy with that information. So I suggest going to the downtown Los Angeles Sheriff Dept ask for the Records dept and they should help you there...GOOD LUCK!!!!!.....for: 4fester

Thank you! I will give it a try.