Is it cheap to live in Malta?

Hey, like I said in my last post I really want to move to Malta.

I still live with my mum at the age of 18 haha

But I really want to just save up and go to Malta.
I know its not as simple as just saving up £500 and living in Malta.

I am aware I need to look for work and go out on a few holidays first but is it really expensive to live there?

Like what is cheaper England or Malta?

Hi ,

that question is not easy to answer because it always depends on what you earn and what you spend.

I would say that if you earn the average lower Maltese wage the cost of living in Malta is not cheaper than in the UK. Maybe even more expensive depending on your life-style.

If you receiving a UK pension or other non-Maltese income you are probably better off in Malta.

You really need to do your homework on the issue and see what your goals in life are and whether you can succeed with them in Malta.

What is your background - qualifications and so on?

You might be better off living with Mum and finishing your studies in the UK first and then considering Malta.

On the otherhand, you are young and might not have much to loose.It really depends on your situation.

Cheers
Ricky

Its probably 10-20%** cheaper then the UK, but wages are maybe 30-50% lower.

** the big savings are on no council tax and cheap rent, plus cheap alcohol and cigarettes

ricky wrote:

Hi ,

that question is not easy to answer because it always depends on what you earn and what you spend.

I would say that if you earn the average lower Maltese wage the cost of living in Malta is not cheaper than in the UK. Maybe even more expensive depending on your life-style.

If you receiving a UK pension or other non-Maltese income you are probably better off in Malta.

You really need to do your homework on the issue and see what your goals in life are and whether you can succeed with them in Malta.

What is your background - qualifications and so on?

You might be better off living with Mum and finishing your studies in the UK first and then considering Malta.

On the otherhand, you are young and might not have much to loose.It really depends on your situation.

Cheers
Ricky

Hey, the thing is I am terrible at maths, I always listen on school and I was put in a maths class for a whole year by myself and one teacher, and guess what... I did not learn one thing.. So that worrys me a lot.

To be honest I would just love to leave England behind me and grow up in Malta hopefully meet someone and just live my life :)

If I was you - I would visit Malta first or just apply to Thomson Holidays/Contiki/Trafalgar Tours as a Holiday Rep in Malta. Make a few friends and then make the big Move when you're ready!

Most of my friends started out as Holiday Reps along time ago and they are now enjoying life in Spain and a few in Brazil.

Cheers
Meddie