LOOKING FOR SOME INFORMATION

I am contemplating of making Dominican Republic my home, and I would like to corresponding with some expat who can give me some information about the country.  I am looking forward to hearing from people who had made Dominican Republic their home.

Thank you,

Feel free to ask away. We have been here for 7 years

BobK

I second that -  10 years almost. IN FACT BOB I need to plan a party - 10 years in September............

Sounds good to me!

Bob K

I am in desperate need of ALL information. My husband, daughter and I are moving to the DR in June. We have the education worked out for my daughter. She will be doing online classes and come to the States once a year for State testing.

But living, renting, buying. We know we want to rent for a while when we first get there.

I am looking for a nice 2 bedroom with 24/7 electric, I would absolutely love to live in a high rise in Santo Domingo near Malecon. Other than that I am 100% lost.

Any informaiton would greatly help, I would love to lock down a apartment at a very reasonable price. Were moving to the DR to have a lower cost of living than here in the states.

Thank you very much

Apartments are found when you arrive. Almost nothing can be done until you get here, other then basic research.  It is really different here in terms of renting. No one plans in advance or advertises in advance. What is available when you arrive is what there is.........