I am looking to move to Santo Domingo

Hello everyone!

My name is Christina and I am looking to move to the DR around February or March of 2016.  I am an actor in Los Angeles Ca., but am currently looking to get away and experience something outside of this "industry".  I have a BA in literary journalism and speak lots of Spanish.  I am currently looking into the Tefl academy to get my certification in teaching English as a second language.  I am a pretty funny girl. I love experiencing no things and meeting new people.  I love to laugh and have fun. 

I have been everyone's posts and am learning daily.  This is going to be a big step for me, but I am excited and ready to take this one. 

I feel like I'm in Eat. Pray. Love. Or something. Well, I am definitely down for chatting and meeting new people. So please be my friend.

Christiw wekcine,

There are lots of good folks here with lots of good information and opinions.  Please feel free to ask and contribute.

What part of the DR are  you thinking about?

Have you been here before?

Good luck

Bob K

Hey there!

I have never been but am traveling there in december.  I am looking to move to Santo Domingo. :)

Why Santo Domingo?

Bob K

WElcome to the forums Christina. I spent 4 years in Santo Domingo and liked much of it.  I am on the south coast now about an hour outside of SD..........   Read read read....lots of great info on this site.

Because my boyfriend lives there.

Thanks for the welcome. I am definitely reading a ton. I am actually visiting I. December.

Christi you have never been here before but are moving here to be with your boyfriend.  Please tell me it is not a local Dominican who you met on line and "fell in love with". But rather some one you met back home, have a relationship with, and his job transferred him to the DR.  If this is not the case then ....Oh boy here we go again.

Bob K

Wow, thanks bob. :)

Hello there Christina,

Please note that a new thread has been created from your post along with some feedbacks you had on the Santo Domingo forum.

You will be more likely to interact on this discussion thread.

Cheers, :)
Bhavna