Things to Do in Bahrain

I would be traveling to Bahrain from 21st Mar till 25t MArch and i really need to know few things, I have been there twice but usually lost :) I have few question , it could be gr8 if i can get few answers :)

A-I was in Juffair and we went to Disc named Rock, Gr8 place but both days i was getting bothered by guys and it was unpleasant for my hubby and friends so i was wondering few Discs which r not too expensive and have decent crowd as well.
My friends want to go to a disc which has indian songs too(not mujra :P) let me know if there is any.

B-I would like to know about public beaches too

C- I want to eat some yummy desi food and gola ganda sort of stuff where can i have it?

D- What other place i can visit in Bahrain, i m not fond of seeing historical  places at all:)so something else.

I am not really regular these days on Expat.com so if there is some help u may inbox me too:)

thx a lot:)

Hi Fidgety Soul,

A. I suggest the BJ's which is a pub where you can dance. Hubby will have to be patient as everywhere here, you will find guys willing to make a try :D Otherwise, many restaurants have a cool lounge where you can dance after dinner or even when you had dinner somewhere else. Zoe's for instance has a good mix of people. For the Indian music I really can't help :s  sorry for that !

B. Public beaches : you will find HERE a recent thread on that topic.

C. Desi food, I don't really know a Pakistani restaurant in Bahrain but I assume it must be very close to Indian. For the Indian, (from cheapest to most expansive) you can try the Wholesale restaurant on Budaiya Highway, I've heard about the Moti Mahal in Juffair but never tried it personally, the Copper Chimney is quite nice in Um Al Hasam.
If you are looking for really high standards, the Nirvana in the Ritz Carlton is what you are looking for. For Gola Ganda, the only place I know is in Seef Mall, the name is Sticks if I remember correctly. You can make your own mixes :D

D. It depends so much on what you like / don't like... Why not sailing up to Al Dar island and have a nice sunny day in you bikinis ? (If Hubby allows bikinis of course :p). Maybe you should go to Bab Al Bahrain (the old city gate which is now the main entrance of Manama's souk and where you can find the tourism office. They are usually aware of the coming events & so and there might be something catching you.

Hope this will help...

Enjoy your trip

Cheers

Olivier

You are a wealth of information Olivier, I didn't know what desi food or gola ganda was. I have seen those "Sticks" places at seef mall too, they look yummy.

The informationis indeed very helpful i hope some of the remaining stuff can be answered by my hubby and no i cant wear since I am sized of Rhino :P