Me & my wife are planning to move to denmark and need information

Hi
I am currently residing in Pakistan and in the process of applying for denmark under the green card scheme. Well wanted to know how long does it takes to obtain the passport.

As per my information initially a person gets a visa for 3 years in which one has to complete a stay of 2 years and six months. If that long a stay is not possible then in the third year an extension can applied for another 4 years. Hence a total of 7 years visa can be granted to a person. However one has to travel once every year to denmark for a period of seven years and at the end of the seventh year a person is eligible for the passport.

I wanted to confirm if this information is true.

I would appreciate if someone could guide me on how long is the stay for getting a danish passport.

according to the Danish nationality law published here:

http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t … isfied.htm

you have to be a resident of Denmark for a continuous 9 years. I'm assuming you're not married to a Dane nor are you a citizen of another Scandinavian country. Might be worth reading the other requirement sections there.

case 1: if this is regarding Danish Citizenship , i guess you need to stay in denmark for 7-9 yrs and need to show enough documents (that you are not depend on public funds).

Case 2: If this is regarding danish passport, you may simply register a case that u have lost your passport in denmark.

pls correct me, if i am wrong.

Firstly, it is possible to only extend your green card in case you have a full time job for over a year in Denmark and legally reside in Denmark for 2.5 out of 3 years. A Danish passport takes atleast 11 years to obtain. It says 9 years on the website which means you have the right to apply for passport after 9 years unless your married to a Danish citizen or from a EU/EEA county in which case different rules apply. It takes a minimum of 2 years to go through the entire application process. Hope this answers your query.