Looking for a club/activity for 6yo Australian son

Hi there.

We are Australians living in HCMC for another 2 months. We have been here since late December & I have been home schooling our 6yo for Grade 1 since the beginning of Feb.

Although we have a few Vietnamese friends, not many of their children speak english so I feel he is getting bored with just us at home.

We are living in an apartment in District 3. Does anyone know of a sports club or maybe kids club or some sort with english speaking kids that he can mingle with?

Any help will be appreciated. I haven't been able to find alot on the internet.

Thanks
Stacy

Welcome to Expat.com Stacy!

Harmonie ;)

Hi  Stacy
I have 2 daughter n 1 son  , girl 8 years old, boys, 6 years ols, they can speak english  . Would you like, they are friend.  I live in Binh Thanh dictrist

Hi Stacy,

Are you guys still here in Vietnam?

Other then setting up playdates with friends and their children, there are paid sports activities that you can sign him up with such as karate at the Star Fitness Gym located at the Manor 1 in Binh Thanh District.  There is a singing/musical/dance school called Soul Academy on Pasteur Street, District 1.  The kids there all speak fluent English as well as the Expat Teachers. 

Let me know if you have any problems.
Cheers.
Myke

Hi Stacy,

You can also try contacting DianaMagicBeans on this forum, I believe she might be able to help you as well.

Myke

Hi Stacy,
You may to check out STEM Education Center in Tanh Binh District . They offer a suit of enrichment programs in robotics and science for kids (between 6-12) using Lego blocks. I was told their enrichment programs are offered in some international schools.

Check out their website www.eli.edu.vn