Please help!

I have fallen in love with an Israeli girl on holiday.  Totally!

We love each other but I am certain she has no intention of coming to England to live, so I am considering what the options are for going to her.

I speak no Hebrew and I am not of Jewish origin.  Am I mad?

What should I know?  I am not a seasoned traveller.

I would be grateful for any advice, opinions or experiences.

Thanks in advance

Curious Charles

HI Charles,
You are not mad, you re in love.. :)

If both of you are really really serious, you have to discuss seeral issues (right now!)  such as : how important is religion for you guys...especially when u have kids. As the mother will be Jewish, so would the kids... How would u feel about that? if anything? what languages will you speak together and to the kids?
If you are married, you can live in Israel legally but life here is tough, stressful, and jobs are hard to find. My advice: do secure a job before landing here!

Hebrew is not very difficult to speak.. to write and read takes longer ( I am still struggling but that is me!).
People are quite rough and direct...you either like or don't... but the novelty of living in a new country wares off and you may want to go back to England after a few years..or at least be financially confortable to go once in awhile in a year time. Try to think of all those before any rush decision because sadly this could ruin your relationship...
When are you coming back or seeing her? Why do you think she won't relocate to England?

All the best, ( start learning Hebrew!)

Claire
http://sof-sof-sophie-the-giraffe.blogspot.com/