Retirement in Ecuador

We are a couple looking to retire in Ecuador...as we like the beach , we have sort of settled on Santa Elena province as  being geared to our rather quiet life style....we will have 2 little dogs with us...looking for a rental house on the beach or with waterview...needs  to rent around   $400 a month....We will rent until we find a reasonable home to purchase....any advice on areas we should be checking out would be  much appreciated...We hope to be coming down by next winter.....Thanks   Nabelia

We traveled around the North Coast of Ecuador.  The beaches are fantastic and the prices a quite a bit lower then down south.  We have stayed twice for a few monthes and found two places to stay on the beach for 350 one time and 400 the next, all included. [Moderated]

Thanks Luna2...I have in fact read your blog already...my husband was looking at ads for used cars today and I told him if theres a yellow Lada..forget it LOL

nabelia wrote:

Thanks Luna2...I have in fact read your blog already.

It would be difficult not to as she posts it in every discussion no matter what the subject or question!