Pool Tables and Sofa Beds & Hot Tubs

I am moving to Cuenca this next June and I have a few questions concerning availabilty of the items mentioned. Are there regulation pool tables available, and if so, what is the price range? Also, the place I'm looking at I'd like to have one of the rooms as a bedroom/ office. Do they have sofa beds? I've never seen either of these two items mentioned, and just wonder if they are availble? I know I've seen hot tubs used. If anyone would happen to have a link for the pool tables or hot tub sellers in the Cuenca area, I'd really appreciate them.
Thanks for any info.
Neil

My favorite furniture store I linked to on my non-blog had a simple sofa bed that I liked.  I am pretty sure the other furniture stores I tromped through had them as well.

Hot tubs I have seen in one of those big stores on Remigio Crespon selling toilets and whatnot. I may have seen one at Corral as well, although it could have been a big bathtub.

No idea about pool tables.

Thanks... glad to hear that the sofa beds are available. You would think the hot tubs would be pretty common.
I remember some time ago you did some links to buildings in Cuenca, and I'd replied I was thinking of purchasing a condo in one of them. Well, I did. It's the El Rocio building. I got one of the 2 units with the large terrace facing the stadium, and that's where I intend to put the hot tub... on the terrace.
Be there in June, maybe we can hook up.
Stay Well,
Neil

I remember that. I think you said that the sale had fallen through at the time.

If you bought it recently and it was one of the remaining units, I bet I was in your unit a couple months ago because there were only a few left at the time, and one had a terraza.

That is an excellent location. I used to walk there all the time from EL Centro because I knew some people living in Cuadra I.

P.S.
This store on Ordoñex Lasso may have a hot tub which you can walk to from where you are.

http://www.homevega.com/sucursales.php

Neil, hot tub is great idea for Cuenca (or Quito) with the cool evenings. See if you can get one that runs on LP gas which the government subsidizes.

Yeah, I'm sure you were in my place, as there was only one other with the terraza, and it was sold. Much bigger than my place, but they are right next to one another.
Kinda weird lay out, huh? Anyway, I fell in love with the terrace, and the mountain views. That is where I plan on spending the majority of my time, out on the terrace. I do like where it is located. It was odd, when we flew into Cuenca from Quito, there was a younger couple from the states in front of our seats on the plane. When we checked into our Hotel, there they were, staying at the same place. ( Casa San Rafael ) After we made the bid on the place at El Rocio, we came out with our Realtor, and someone yells at us from across the street.... sure enough, it was them, and they'd just signed for an apartment purchase, right across the street! What a series of coincidences, huh?
My favorite thing about the location is: right across the street in that little strip of shops is a fresh sea food place. Get fresh fish daily. I will probably o.d. on lobster!!!
Thanks for the link

I don't know of any place that sells pool tables.

There's many adds in the internet selling used pool tables, like two tables for $1200.  Also there's many carpenters that build pool tables but don't ask me for quality, dimensions or regulations.

Vinny

With the Tranvia passing by there, going to the El Centro will be a breeze. Plus, short walk along Lamar and you are at the Super Maxi and Sukasa. Apparently there are plans to build another big mall on the westside as well.

Thanks Vinny.... see you soon. Did you get ahold of my Realtor? I think she is at a Seminar this week.
Take Care

I had no idea they had them that ran on propane. Very good info. The cost of the gas is very reasonable in the first place, then a government kick back? Life is good.
Thanks for the heads up.

I passed by Colineal in Mall del Rio today on way to pay bill at Etapa office.  They had sofa bed for around $750.

They show a few models on their website, although not sure if it was one of these or not.

http://www.colineal.com/catalogo-de-pro … sofa-camas

I bought my dining room table from them. In fact, it was this model:

http://www.colineal.com/assets/catalogo2010/Comedores/comedor_baltra_grande.jpg