Business Opportunities in Budapest

Hello

I am from UK. I am looking for a business opportunity in Budapest. I can come any time

Wafadar99 :

Hello

I am from UK. I am looking for a business opportunity in Budapest. I can come any time

Do you have the $$$?

atomheart :
Wafadar99 :

Hello

Do you have the $$$?

Not a legit poster - if they had something solid, they'd have put in a properly written posting explaining their needs/requirements.  Probably scammer.

fluffy2560 :
atomheart :
Wafadar99 :

Hello

Do you have the $$$?

Not a legit poster - if they had something solid, they'd have put in a properly written posting explaining their needs/requirements.  Probably scammer.

Dang, I thought I finally found someone willing and able to invest into my very profitable and totally legit diamond mining operation in Nigeria... :gloria

atomheart :
fluffy2560 :
atomheart :

Do you have the $$$?

Dang, I thought I finally found someone willing and able to invest into my very profitable and totally legit diamond mining operation in Nigeria... :gloria

You too?  Mine was $$$$$$$$ from people without relatives who died in a plane crash and some kind soul wants to release their fortune to me in exchange for a cut while blessing me prolifically and appealing to my religious tendencies - variously Islamic or Christian neither of which suit me.   

I don't know if I can confess my interest in Satanism here and my pledge to Beelzebub.   I thought I was the only one who was offered these things due to my unique qualities. Being chosen makes all those sacrifices worthwhile but the victims/converts were of course quite willing.  The evil Lord is an equal opportunity employer.   But $100M stolen from the people of Wherever could mean I could carry on the "good" work for my master, oops, strike that "good", insert word bad.

Strangely I had a rash of those e-mails with minor variants a while back and I was getting worried how that airline managed to keep going.  They were getting through a plane every few days and the GDP of a medium country was building up in various banks waiting to be liberated.   And no-one seems to have noticed the global conspiracy.

;)

atomheart :

Do you have the $$$?

Meh. Who cares if they have USD.

Do they have Chinese Renminbi? Even if just a loan. A state backed currency loan may be even always better than cash, as there will always be more..... :cool:

klsallee :
atomheart :

Do you have the $$$?

I meanth chilean peso, not USD.

atomheart :
klsallee :
atomheart :

Do you have the $$$?

Ah... Then all is forgiven. And I thought I was the only one expecting an upturn in Chilean pesos next week....  :)

klsallee :
atomheart :
klsallee :

Ah... Then all is forgiven. And I thought I was the only one expecting an upturn in Chilean pesos next week....  :)

I thought the currency in all of South America was Nachos?

Hello! Hope you all had a great Christmas.

I did, and in the meantime I also looked a bit into the future for my business. I'm Belgian born and raised and working self-employed in marketing for 5 years now.

I'm tired of the taxes here though, which can accumulate to roughly 50-60% depending on how well you are doing.

On paper, for taxes Hungary seems to be a way more interesting country to base my business in than Belgium (assuming I start a Kft). But I read up a little here yesterday and there appears to be a lot of difference between on paper and in reality.

I wouldn't be interested in selling to Hungarians though. The only reason I would pick Hungary is the tax rates and the living in Budapest. I would be working together with my existing Belgian/international clients and new international clients in a new business model I just developed. If one of them is a progressive Hungarian company, great, but I don't rely on them to make income.

Some questions I still have:

1) Do I need an OKJ to open up a marketing firm in Hungary?
2) I will be running the business on my own, without employees at first. And when I do hire people, I prefer working with freelancers that can just invoice my Kft for their services. Which implications does this business model have for my corporate tax, income tax and social security (assuming I would also have my permanent residence in Budapest)?
3) The "know a guy" culture, could I also be impacted by this? Is anyone going to give me any kind of trouble for just using Hungary as a tax haven and running a (successful) international business out of Hungary?
4) The day-to-day paperwork, is that something I could avoid by running everything through a good Hungarian lawyer and accountant? What would be a rough estimation of the yearly cost for that?
5) Any tax reformations coming up in the near future under the Orban administration?
6) Any other thoughts/aspects that I forgot to think about?

These are the first questions that pop up in my mind. I wish you all a nice weekend and end of the year!

Well than this is your source to check first:
doingbusinessinhungary.com/en