Retirement in Sri Lanka by Ex-Pat

I love Sri Lanka......I love Kandy.  It took my nearly all of my life to get here and I wish I had made the move much earlier.The people are so friendly and helpful and so far I have been in Sri Lanka three years and loving it.  Best wishes to all the new friends I have made in 2012....and great joy and happiness for 2013. :heart:

Hei! Nice to here that you love Kandy, Its my hometown :)
Wish you, Sri lanka and the whole world a Happy New Year 2013!!!

Good to know that you are enjoying Sri Lanka and Wish you all the best for 2013!!

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi there, I am looking into what it's like to live in Kandy as a retiree (for my parents) and found your post! I would love to pick your brain if you wouldn't mind sharing your experience. Is there much of a community for older expats there? Thank you!

Hi,
I don't believe there's an expat retired community in Sri Lanka per se, there's a retirement village being launched in Negombo and one possibly two good quality assisted living facilities which provide retirement care/services.

It's interesting that you should say that there's a retirement village being launched in Negombo. I live in Negombo, but I have not seen it, or heard about it. Perhaps you would be so kind as to post the details.

The place in Negombo is Heritage Grove and the other place is Cinnamon Grove in Bandaragama.