Looking for Chinese courses!

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can take courses in Chinese? I live in District 5 so it should not be too difficult. I just can't seem to find anything on the Internet.

Thanks!
Lieke

Hi,

You can find a center in Le Van Sy in Binh Thanh district.

Regards,

Sarah

Guus wrote:

I just can't seem to find anything on the Internet.

Thanks!
Lieke

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=128659

Search function not working?

Thanks!
Yes I did see this previous post, but most of these organisations have websites in Vietnamese or Chinese (or they do not even have a website). Hard for me to read. Also, I think that a lot of centers offer Chinese for Vietnamese people and not for foreigners. I was hoping there'd be more options. But I think I'll check out the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

http://www.cefalt.edu.vn/ShowContent_en.asp?ID=1
check it out,i did study in this center before,it's in Tran Quoc Thao st,dist 3.the materials are all in chinese-english,so i think it's more easier for u to understand.u can contact them to ask whether they have any course for foreigner or not.:)

you may find the courses at Ho Chi Minh City University of Social Sciences and Humanities

patutu wrote:

you may find the courses at Ho Chi Minh City University of Social Sciences and Humanities

Im a student in this university.i did study chinese here and i really felt disapointed coz the chinese courses here are very boring coz of teacher's teaching method;u know,just went to class,learn new words,do exercises in the book...i can do these by myself at home.lol.but korean courses here are good.

I have learned Chinese for more than 5 years and based on my own experience, it is not an easy language to begin, especially in your situation now. If you want we can meet up and have a conversation about this. I don't think I can give you any lessons but at least I can show you some quite useful experience so you will be more well-prepared for the mean time.
Good luck:D

Around District 5, you could try these centers:
- Chinese Language Center SHZ 768 Nguyễn Trãi st., ward 11, D5. They have several locations. Creditable center which provides commercial or communication chinese course.

- Trần Bội Cơ school (Chợ Lớn area), Mạch Kiếm Hùng school("China Town" area),... These schools are few of Vietnamese public schools which give lessons in chinese. Their chinese centers open only after school day, about 6-7pm. Cheap fee, high quality, but you have to learn like you start elementary school. They are good if you want to build strong foundation.

Evening chinese courses from university is also good recommendation. The fee is low because it's for public, esp. for students. Some learners said it's bad, the others said it's good. Actually, the quality depends much on who will be your teacher, and your classmates. Here are some language centers of Uni.s:
* Uni of Social Sciences and Humanities: 10-12 Dinh Tien Hoang St., Dist.1.
* Uni. of Science: 227, Nguyễn Văn Cừ St., D5.
* Uni. of Education: 280 An Duong Vuong, Dist. 5.

Hope you find one soon.