Saying Hi from Los Angeles

Hello everybody - I live in Los Angeles, California but after having visited Israel I fell in love and am thinking about relocating. My friends think I'm crazy and even I think I'm crazy but I've grown tired of the constant struggle to support myself in Los Angeles - it's SO expensive - and I've also grown tired of the consumer culture here and the celebrity worship. I'm dying to meet other expats in Israel so I can get a clearer view of what life there is really like.

Welcome on Expat-blog JulieG!

I have moved the discussion on the Israel forum. I hope another member will be able to guide you about life in Israel.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Maybe its not israel u fell in love with , maybe its the idea of living in another country.
But anyway you figure that out by yourself and ill tell you a lil about Israel
Hot Hot country with a hot tempered people.
Wherever you go you going to know somebody that knows somebody or something like that
Israelis are very proud of there country and in the same time hate it here, in order to start a conversation even with a total stranger all you have to know is who's in the government and why does he sucks/doing a great job.
Although Israelis constantly afraid of being a sucker they are willing to help anytime and anyone

More? :]

I moved here over 10 years ago and haven't regretted it for one moment. It is difficult moving anywhere where you don't know anyone, but if you are the type of person who adapts well to other cultures, not afraid to take a leap and work on learning Hebrew so you can meld into society, then you can live here and be happy. I have Israeli friends and Anglo friends, but I also speak 5 languages and lived in Europe for several years. I would suggest coming here for an extended stay to see if you think you could live here. It is one thing to come for a vacation and quite another living here day-to-day. That goes for any place. Good luck with your decision.