Moving Help

Hey everyone, I am new here, and hopefully can get some questions answered that Google apparently doesn't like to help me with. 

I was trying to find hard, legit information on what actual cost of living numbers in Costa Rica Colones might be.  I'm not looking for exact specifics, obviously that depends on everyone's desire of living. I just was looking for a more round about number on like internet\cable cell phone, etc.   Just middle of the road numbers on what I should be expecting if I wanted to move!  The problem I was having with other peoples websites is that they don't ever really say what currency they are using for their cost of living numbers.   So if anyone can sort of point me in the right direction of what I would need in Colones I would be so ever grateful!

thanks and cheers!

Brian

Absolutely.  Visit this website and newsletter written by some friends of mine and you'll find a lot of information on their monthly living expenses.  it's www.retireforlessincostarica.com

Thank you very much for your response, I will be sure to check this out!

Hi Brian,

There are several internet and cable providers.
Here are the internet rates from ICE, rates are in USD:
grupoice.com/wps/portal/kHogar_paquetes_tarifas/#.UI6WB2eh3To

An alternative would be Cabletica. Here is a link to their page, you can get internet and cable from them (rates are in Colones):
cabletica.com/principal/pack_tv+internet.php

For your mobile phone you have to choose between Claro, ICE or Movistar. Here is a link to tariffs from Movistar, rates are in Colones:
movistar.cr/postpago/planes/planes-de-voz

To get a feeling for what you would spend at the supermarket you can browse Auto Mercado online, prices are in Colones:
automercado.co.cr/aam/loginZona.do?idZona=1

Here you can calculate how much you would spend on the farmers market, it's a bit cheaper than Auto Mercado (prices are in Colones):
retirement-costa-rica.com/farmer-market-prices/

Thanks OldMark for your response.   I am curious though, in Colones, because I didn't see this anywhere,  what a typical family  household income is.   That would also give me sort of an idea of what I would be looking at family wise.  Doesn't have to be exact once again , but a married working couple, maybe a kid plus pet or whatever.   Just trying to find out these answers is all so I know what I might be getting into!