Allienated :D

Hi Guys....

I am a person who likes to hang out with everyone, meet people from different parts of the world is my dream and has become part of my life and know different customs and different traditions, but it seems it was just a dream of mine that could not be realized mainly in this country, is it just because I'm asian? were in their view the asia is the lowest in the world which in their view asia people have to work in the home as domestic servants,Hummm,,,,, common guys open up your eyes and broaden your Horizon, there are still many   qualified asians and maybe even better and need to be count to be your friend too, or because my eyes are not blue, my hair is not blonde? I sometimes feel alienated, but I am sure there are many out there who are open minded and do not choose friends only because there is a physical differences,one thing that makes me annoyed is every inbox that I get nothing but ask for a phone number, asking for a date, are'nt we in the Expat.com to get to know one another and not an invitation for a date, I apologize if my post redundant, and too long, I only say what is in my head, and I beg for parties who feel offended I apologize  .. Thank you for your time and input please :)

ouh that was really deep ,, I know how you feel when I was live in other counters , but trust Me , Asian are very gentle 
have a good day :)

Thanx for the comforting words :D
"keep smile to whatever it comes"

me also... feel the same...not much of activities from others... and no posts nowadays to me!

I think you should be out to know peoples in real,,,,yeah its hard but more harder when u just keeping yourself being alone :D cheers

@Kate29, if any problem, do not hesitate to click on the Report button.;)

Harmonie.

I Will,Thank you Harmonie :)

I think it is important to busy oneself with maybe a hobby since depending on people is always a matter of luck. I have lived abroad as well and people just do not care for one as long as they don't need one. If they need one for any reason but you would not care for them, they would still care for you. That's how it is unfortunately. Same people who do not care for one at present would care for one twice as much back in ones home country. People have different reasons not to care but one should not feel offended since these are reasons of their own and do not necessarily make any sense. Going out is maybe good, but what are we looking for? If we want good and nice friends, do we find them there where we love to hang out? What kind of people do we want and where do we find them? Important one does not get weak or intimidated eventually joining the wrong company. And what about us? Are we giving the same we expect and ask for?

I love to meet other people from different countries and different cultures because you can learn a lot from them.
But, the only question what is been asking here all the time is to hang out together in one club or another.
That is good when you want some good time and enjoy but it seems it is not a good way to know people better.
For me, I can not make it to come: to far away and I have children and I can not find a babysitter. Beside this, I am busy whith my study and that cost a lot of time, more then I thought.

So, if someone has an other suggestion besides hang out in an expensive club, I'am in. Friday's can be a good day to meet.
What about you?

I think having a picnic under the trees of Ajloun is much better :)
Even the sports city is a nice place to walk around, but at present iam a bit busy.

To Kate, I can truly relate to what you are going through. Here, in Jordan yes when they see an Asian woman the first thing that crossed their minds would be she must be a Filipino or Indonesian maid... without realising that Asia isn't made up of just these 2 countries. I am from Singapore... and I am a teacher with qualifications from UK and Australia. Alhamdulillah, my husband and most importantly my mother-in law and the rest of the family here never treated me the way others would. They respect me because they ever lived abroad and travelled far and wide and know about Singapore. Perhaps this kind of perception may differs if you'd stay in Irbid because there are many Asians  studying at Yarmouk University. Yeap, if you look Asian you are a maid... and if you have blonde hair and blue eyes then you're a Russian prostitute..that's how people here tend to categorise people. I have a solid reason for using Umm Jacoub as my ID simply because I want others to know that I am married and a mother, somehow that doesn't seem to deter Jordanian men from sending mails to my inbox too... Yikes!how desperate can they be... I rest my case

How is life out there for a woman? Do you have a social life, friends?

JO/EU wrote:

Even the sports city is a nice place to walk around, but at present iam a bit busy.

That is an nice suggestion that I like :D

Primadonna wrote:
JO/EU wrote:

That is an nice suggestion that I like :D

Ahhh... Expat.com family day  :P

Thanx for the Inputs :) well,at least i make few friends so far i gt a friend from Kenya (im sure she is a wonderful girl)a Filipina friend and some other few friends,Insha Allah im gonna keep this friendship till my last breath as if i get attached to any friend i will just love them like Brothers or Sisters :)

I think Jordan is great, only you have to meet the right people!

which could be the case everywhere

I can't agree with you more. Actually, enjoy with friend in a Coffe with sun shine and mucis.. that's enough. maybe you can have some funy story from dif countries. Perfect

Primadonna wrote:

I love to meet other people from different countries and different cultures because you can learn a lot from them.
But, the only question what is been asking here all the time is to hang out together in one club or another.
That is good when you want some good time and enjoy but it seems it is not a good way to know people better.
For me, I can not make it to come: to far away and I have children and I can not find a babysitter. Beside this, I am busy whith my study and that cost a lot of time, more then I thought.

So, if someone has an other suggestion besides hang out in an expensive club, I'am in. Friday's can be a good day to meet.
What about you?