Guidance on Chosing between two International School in HCMC

Friends

Moving time to HCMC is coming near. I need your guidance on chosing between Internatioanl School of Ho Chi Minh City (www.ishcmc.com) in An Phu ward and British International School. My company pays for education in one of these schools.

I need to find, (i) which of these two schools has better academic credentials as normally international schools concentreate more on extra curricular activities

(ii) British International School has two brances in An Phu Ward and one Primary Section (till years 11) in Tu Xuong in District 3. My office is also located nearby district 3 and i can rent a house there so children wont have to commute much. Does any one have concrete info on the Tu Xuong Branch of BIS and the facilitis they offer and teaching staff there.

Since i have to make a quick decision, kindly pour in your advices.

Why don't you do your own research on the schools and decide yourself. A decision like that should not be guided by outside parties who, after all, will voice their own opinions not being aware of your situation. Worst, some may even offer prejudiced views after hearing rumours. Come on, you are about to make decisions affecting your children for life!

potomac76:
Check your PM.

One thing that you should know is COST - upto USD$20,000 +++ annually.

Watch out for Cognita owned schools - owned by UK Venture Capitalist. There are also some Singapore schools which use teaching techniques described as 'strange' by some Westerners.

Remember, there are very few checks on the quality of education supplied in international schools and the fee's in no way represent the quality of the teaching.