For Swimmers / Divers (Stuff in Dammam, Khobar, Jubail)

Hello Khobar,

If someone's interested in SCUBA Diving stuff. There are two good scuba training centre in Khobar (behind Le Meridien Hotel, Khobar).

1. SHARKY Dive Centre
2. SCUBA Master (both are side by side)

BOTH CENTRE:
Fees for basic course is SR 1,700/00.
including gears: Oxygen cylinder, BCD, Weights, Spear (if necessary).
What you need to buy yourself: Skin (Swim Suit), Fins, Mask, Snorkel Tube, Torch (if req.)etc.

PROS and CONS of SHARKY:
PROS: Provides you a Free learning DVD. Freelancer Trainers, Flexible timing if you want to learn scuba after your office timings, Focused on individuals, can extend the course till 2~3 weeks unless you learn diving.
CONS: Not so far.

PROS and CONS of SCUBAMASTER:
PROS: Provides you a Free learning DVD. I haven't tried them personally due to their timings restricitions.
CONS: They have their course valid for a week. You need to adjust your time or to take one week vacation if you work.

Diving Course for both centre:
- First 10 HOURS: Theoretical Classes on basic know-how.
- Next : Fresh water diving classes
- Next : Half moon underwater diving with instructors
- Certified, They will arrange your certificate card from PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructor) - PADI is World's largest recreational diving membership and diver training organization.

Comments are welcome to rectify any provided information.

Cheers.
Wasim

Hello Dammam / Qateef,

Here comes a big and nice water amusement park while you join Dammam from Qatif (near TABA Centre, Adjacent to Marjan Island area). Park has more than 12 long water slides, with separate portions for kids and ladies (low depth).

Entry Fees: SR 175 / Head
Timings: 04:00 pm ~ 10:00 pm

Little funny thing is:

SAT, SUN, MON: Only Ladies (Ladies will get bored without their families, i guess)
TUE, WED, THUR: Only Gents (Bachelor male expats may enjoy their time)

:)

But even though; a good refreshing place to breathe in.

Be there and share your experience, as I have not visited it yet personally.

Name: WATER ISLAND (In arabic, it's Al Jazirah Al Mouaiah)

http://iwannasale.com/Images-Other/20120831_094458.jpg

http://iwannasale.com/Images-Other/20120831_094352.jpg

http://iwannasale.com/Images-Other/20120831_094430.jpg

http://iwannasale.com/Images-Other/20120831_094445.jpg

Cheers
Wasim

This is pretty interesting.. will be waiting for the exact location man.

thanks in advance :D

Location map and other information, Updated.

Cheers,
Wasim

@ designaliens I had seen it, after I asked you that question, its very detailed and informative thanks.

Are u working in those water amusing parks ?

Very nice swimming pool and amusement.

Thanks for the post.

Hi ! Is it possible to purchase basic snorkelling sets at the dive centres without registering for their sessions?

@rifai

Buying snorkelling kit shouldn't be a problem, I think you can even buy diving masks, wetsuit and fins without license.

I would also recommend checking out go sports and sun and sand sports in Amwaj mall and mall of Dhahran.

Thanks for the info. I will check out.

No problem, Feel free to ask any question regard snorkelling or scuba diving, Not an expert but would tell you what ever I can tell you.

Jeddah dive happening in Jan first week, interested parties please let me know. Last 5 seats available.

Hey there designaliens! i am planning to start diving courses and i

saw your add online for people living in khobar and im really

excited to start it!! do u have any contact phone number to know

when would the next session take place? Thanks in advance!! :)

You want to get diving license or want go diving (means you already have license)?

Hello Syedahmedrazaabidi, i am looking for a center to learn how to dive, i dont have a liscence..

If your looking for center I know two in khobar, They are near khobar corniche behind le meridian.

They both good instructors, One is called sharky's dive center and forgot the name of the other one.

There prices are same for open water 1700.

There is also one in dana bay at the end of half moon bay.
there price is 2200 I believe.
I think there prices are with e learning.
Forgot how much is it with e learning (if they offer that).

here's the address for le meridian ones.
https://maps.google.com.sa/maps?daddr=2 … sz=18&z=18

Here's for dana bay
https://maps.google.com.sa/maps?q=golde … +moon&z=14
If you want there no
Ramzan from Sharkys:0502413641 tell him Ahmed Raza gave you the no.
Other shop:038991230
and Harith from dana bay 0565656716.

By the way you don't need to go to dive center to get certified, You can get certified by freelance dive instructors, Price might be almost same too.

Can you give me the location map for Al Jazirah Al Mouaiah.... :D

hey man , Thank you for your time

i have question about free diving , if you know it ?!

diving without oxgyen cylinder .. is SHARKY Dive Center train  the free diving or not ?!
if not .. do you any dive center train free diving ?!
thank you

I would like to know if there is any possibility for swimming practice in Dammam. Mi son is a swimmer, he participate in an us swim team...I need to know if I can find this kind of membership in dammam, and where. He is very competitive. Any private coach?? something thank you

I'm not sure about advanced level swimming but nahda club have coach. Maybe I the green colored building (I think it's called sport city) offers more advanced coaching, Don't know if they take expatriates. It's next to al khobar driving school. Would be hard to miss.

Hi, I live in Khobar, any dive trips happening after eid break?

yep, do you have diving licenses?

Yes,  PADI advanced open water

I'll inbox you some information.

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in attending such a trip!

I am a certified NAUI advanced open water scubadiver, currently living in khobar.

Please inbox me the details.

Thanks!

I inboxed you the contact, Usually dives in jubail, I think he even dives in halfmoon too but jubail is much better.

Guys why don't we shell in money and go on a fishing trip in a Boat..Any one knows any good charters??

Hi there,

I'll be out in Al-Khobar from Sept 28th until Christmas. BSAC Ocean Diver. Was hoping I could get some diving in, are you able to help?

Thanks, Ross

Got diving license?

Hello,
What about female divers? Do you know what rules are for them?
I am PADI certified AOW diver + Nitrox.
Thank you.

Dear  Falihazikra,

There are no restrictions for women divers. Its just that you need to wear a burqini. Then you are free to dive as you like. We had an American lady with us earlier who used to dive with us. But she went back to US.

So you can dive no issues there. As long as you have your diving license and Iqama/Passport with you.

Cheers,
John

Thank you john. What about a mahram accompanying me? Because thats what some one told me in Jeddah.
Also ,where can I find out about the divesites in Khobar region?

As john said, we had an american lady who used to dive with us and there was no mahram required for her to dive, that was in Jubail, not sure about things in Jeddah!!

Dive sites nearby is in Half Moon beach (not sure exact area), but most of our dives (when they are nearby) are in Jubail, There is an island called Jana.

i will be in dammam on 10th and 11 sept. so, pls advise how can i go for dive.

as i am Adv diver from PADI.

Is there any specific group or club where we can just go for snorkelling only

Hi,

I am planning for diving in Khobar in Sep, can u please give me contact id to know details.

Thnaks
Nandeesh

Not excatly group for snorkelling, but people going for diving take people for snorkelling too, It might cost you like 300sr, You can always snorkel by yourself in halfmoon.

Hi.

Can you share the contact details and email id of these dive centers.

Regards
Mehul

Sharky's dive center no 0502413641 Mr Ramzan, It's behind le meridian hotel Al khobar corniche.
You can check Bateeldiver on facebook, I dived with them few years back, Very nice group.
There are dive center in Al Dana bay (forsure) and I think In sunset beach resort too, Just google there information.

Hi there

I'm from Middlesbrough in the north of England teaching here in Ras Tanura, Saudi.  I teach maths to Aramco employees/ trainees in a local vocational college, I want to SCUBA dive gain, have an open water cert from over 10 years ago, how can I do this in Al Khobar?